Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #67

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

FRAGMENTS BY DAN WELLS

Goodreads Description:

Kira Walker has found the cure for RM, but the battle for the survival of humans and Partials is just beginning. Kira has left East Meadow in a desperate search for clues to who she is. That the Partials themselves hold the cure for RM in their blood cannot be a coincidence--it must be part of a larger plan, a plan that involves Kira, a plan that could save both races. Her companions are Afa Demoux, an unhinged drifter and former employee of ParaGen, and Samm and Heron, the Partials who betrayed her and saved her life, the only ones who know her secret. But can she trust them?

Meanwhile, back on Long Island, what's left of humanity is gearing up for war with the Partials, and Marcus knows his only hope is to delay them until Kira returns. But Kira's journey will take her deep into the overgrown wasteland of postapocalyptic America, and Kira and Marcus both will discover that their greatest enemy may be one they didn't even know existed.

The second installment in the pulse-pounding Partials saga is the story of the eleventh hour of humanity's time on Earth, a journey deep into places unknown to discover the means--and even more important, a reason--for our survival.


Hardcover, 564 pages
Expected publication: February 26th 2013 by Balzer + Bray
Pre-Order here.

I cannot wait for this book! While I didn't love Partials as much as I had hoped, I'm still super excited for this sequel. Cannot wait to figure out more about this amazing world. And I really do love the cover. Problem with the first book was that Kira didn't seem to care for her boyfriend, Marcus, at all. I hated that. Because Marcus is just the sweetest. And if it isn't better in book two I will not be happy at all! There better not start a love triangle. I will not forgive it or like it. I just know it. Sigh. Still. I am super excited for this book, and I cannot wait to read it :) Ohh, very long book as well ;p 
What are you waiting for?

16 comments:

  1. It's going to be interesting to see where he takes this series in this installment. Great pick!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick. I really need to get reading Partials. Enjoy.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick. Love cover. Thanks for sharing!


    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Partials, it sounds so good.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had the chance to read Partials yet but I'm really looking forward to it and I'm really excited about both books. Great pick and I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got Partials and I can't wait to read it!!! NEW FOLLOWER!
    Check out my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! I liked the first book, but I have a feeling the sequel will be even more incredible! Nice WoW choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness that does sounds like a good book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't for this either, loved the first book! The covers are awesome too. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    <3 Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems like second instalments of series are breeding grounds for love triangles. I hope there isn't one here! I still need to read the first one myself, but I have a copy somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still have to get my hands on a copy of Partials! It sounds really good and I've heard really great things about it.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you are so excited for the sequel even though you didn't love the first one. This sounds like a good book!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't read Partials yet as I'm sort of taking a break from dystopia right now, but hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved Partials. Looking forward to this one as well. :)

    Great pick, Carina.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)