Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: Wither by Lauren DeStefano

You probably shouldn't read this review if you mind being a little spoiled :)

I just finished reading Wither for the second time. I think I enjoyed it even more this time around.

I really love the world it is set it, because it seems so real. And the author writes so pretty, it is easy to see it as real. What I didn't notice the first time I read it, is that the whole world except for America is under water. I kind of liked that. Although, I am not sure if that is real or not, since the main character hasn't really seen it herself. But then, it is most likely real :)

I also really liked the plot, the whole females die at age 20, and males at age 25. I hope the series will end with them finding an antidote, because I really do not want Rhine or Gabriel to die :) I do, however, kind of want Linden and Cecily to die. Sometimes. Cecily is very young, and very stupid. Although she can be smart at times. But she did someting in near the end that made me hate her. A whole lot. Not sure if I'll be able to forgive her for it, but I guess we'll see in the next book.

The thing about Linden and Gabriel though, is that I could easily fall in love with Linden. But because there is Gabriel, I did not. I want Rhine with Gabriel. I want her to be free. And, well, at the end of Wither she is :) But I fear that that will not last. And I do not want her separated from Gabriel. Since I really do love him. <3 Although we didn't see that much of him in Wither.. But I loved all we got of him :) And also, I loved the ending of the book. Just hope there will be more of the small happiness that was there.

I am very excited for the next books, and I hope they will be just as amazing as Wither is :) And I hope for more Gabriel. And more love between him and Rhine.

If you haven't read the book, then you better start it right now! Because, yes, it is that amazing :)
 

Update: Newer and better review of the book can be found here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)