Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: Fateful by Claudia Gray

When I started reading this book today, (September 22nd), I thought it would make me want to re-watch Titanic. Since it's been ages since I saw it last. But then my heart started hurting with the description of the sinking, and that made me realize I am not ready to watch the movie yet.

Back to the book, I would rate this book with 3,5 stars. Although it could have been worth 4,5 if the writing had been better. But that might be my own fault for reading this book right after finishing one of the best books (A) I just didn't enjoy the writing. Even though I did love Claudia's Evernight series. This just didn't feel as real as other books I have read.

I did however, really like the plot. And I loved Tess. Alec the most though :) I just didn't feel as conected to them as I had hoped. The story was great, with Tess being a servant, and Alec being a werewolf. I just wish I had liked the writing more. And it doesn't have anything to do with the time set the book is in, because that was done nicely, I think. Didn't really like that Tess was so scared through most of the book, although I do kind of think that was a normal reaction for her to have.

I don't want to spoil the book, but I did like it. I liked everything that it ended with. What touched me the most with the whole book, was the last 20+ pages. Because that felt very real to me. Uhm, apart from one thing that happened at the very end. Didn't seem like it could happen at all. But then, what do I know of werewolves? ;) Anyway, you should read it :) And I hope there will be a sequel. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)