Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #266

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

CARAVAL BY STEPHANIE GARBER

Goodreads Description:

Before you enter the world of Caraval, you must remember that it’s all a game . . .

Scarlett has never left the tiny island where she and her beloved sister, Tella, live with their ruthless father. Now Scarlett’s father has arranged a marriage for her, and Scarlett thinks her dreams of seeing Caraval, the legendary, once-a-year performance where the audience participates in the show, are over.

Then, Scarlett’s long-dreamt of invitation to Caraval finally arrives. So, Tella enlists a mysterious sailor’s help to whisk Scarlett away to this year’s show. But as soon as the trio arrives, Tella is kidnapped by Caraval’s mastermind organizer, Legend.

Scarlett has been told that everything that happens during Caraval is only an elaborate performance. But she nonetheless soon becomes enmeshed in a game of love, heartbreak, and magic with her sister, with Legend, and with the other players in the game. And whether Caraval is real or not, she must find Tella before the five nights of the game are over, a dangerous domino effect of consequences is set off, and her sister disappears forever.


Hardcover, 401 pages
Expected publication: January 31st 2017 by Flatiron Books
Pre-Order here and here

Gosh, I'm unsure about this book. It is so gorgeous. So many have read and loved it already. But I feel like there is a love triangle in this one? And I'm not going to like that at all, haha. Yet I'm still so curious about this book, and pretty excited about reading it when it comes out :) Just hoping that I will love it.
What are you waiting for on this playing Wednesday?

6 comments:

  1. This one sounds so good though I think it sounds like there's going to be a love triangle as well and that really isn't my cup of tea but I reallllly want to read it.

    My WoW post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much love for this one around! And no wonder, it sounds wonderful! Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/11/16/waiting-on-wednesday-bookshops/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my top book of the year and I definitely didn't get a love triangle vibe from it.

    I hope you love it when you read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, yeah I hope there isn't a love triangle in this one! That cover is so, so gorgeous, you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super glad to see Stacee's comment, because I was wondering about a love triangle too. I'm really excited to read this book, hopefully soon!

    Have a wonderful week, Carina. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)