Thursday, November 3, 2016

Review: Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller

Pirate books are amazing. And so I couldn't resist this gorgeous book when I read more about it. And saw that stunning cover. So glad I decided to get this book from the publisher via Netgalley. Eee. It was the first book I read in two weeks. And I simply could not stop reading it. It was all kinds of exciting and fun. I loved it.

I am unsure what to say about this book. I truly enjoyed it from beginning to end. I had a few issues, which is why I'm giving it four stars instead of five. But despite those small parts, I pretty much loved this book. It was fast paced and written pretty well and just so good. I enjoyed reading everything about this book.

I love that this is a pirate book. That the main girl, Alosa, is a pirate. A pretty important one too, which was pretty interesting. The summary mentions that there is a bit of magic in this one. And gosh. It was all kinds of stunning and perfect. I loved that part of the story the most. Eee. So much fun. And awful too. And I can't wait to read more about it all. The sort of twist was hinted at all through the book, but it was still a pretty awesome reveal. I loved it. And I want more of this magic part in book two. I want it very much. And oh. Alosa. This girl was all kinds of amazing. I adored her a whole bunch. I simply loved getting to know her. She was awesome. I did not like her relationship with her father. It was not good. Shudders. Yet so so interesting to read about.

This book is mostly about Alosa being held capture by some pretty bad pirates. She let herself be taken, so that she could steal a map she knows is supposed to be on their ship. Though things don't actually go as she had planned, hah. There is so much happening in this book, despite most of it taking place on one ship. I loved getting to know Alosa. I loved getting to know a couple of the crew on this bad ship too. Two of them were pretty interesting and kind and I liked how the book ended for them. Yay. So many pirates.

And then there was the boy. Sigh. Riden was all kinds of amazing. I had a few issues connecting with him at first, but my love for him just got bigger and bigger. He is sort of a mystery at times. He is trying to get Alosa to tell him about her father, the pirate king. But he is also falling for her. Though the point of view is all Alosa in this book. But yeah. Riden was surprising at times. I liked getting to know him so much. He was so cute. Yet could be bad too. Either way, though, I loved this boy a whole bunch. Need more of him.

And I must mention the romance. Because it is there. And there are some amazing kisses. Eee. I loved those parts so much. But it is also pretty complicated, considering Riden is holding her capture on his brother's ship. But I think they would be amazing together, always. Because they banter so well. And they are so awesome together. And I just adored this romance. I wish there had been even more about it, lol. But the ending has given me hope for even more, eee, so I'm crossing my fingers. I simply adored it all.

I'm not sure what to mention about the plot. Other than that it was amazing. I love reading about pirates. Some of these were pretty bad, though, and I didn't like that one bit. Aw. But I loved how Alosa dealt with them all. She was so awesome. I loved how strong she was, how capable. Maybe a little too stubborn at times, but I didn't mind too much. I adored this girl. Except for one thing she did with the captain. Ugh. It bothered me. This is a four star because I didn't fully love the writing, but I loved the story. It was great.

This book ends pretty well, but it is also sort of a cliffhanger, just not a bad one. But definitely not a story that is finished. And then I checked on goodreads, and it told me nothing about a sequel; I got so worried. Then I saw that Tricia had tweeted about writing book two, and eee, I'm excited. I need more books about these characters. And this awesome story too. I just wish book two was out right now, lol. Cause I'm sure I will love it. And I want to read it right now. Ack. This first book ended way too fast. Yet was long enough.

I'm just so glad I read this book. I was a little unsure about it before I started it, as I had not heard of this author before, but now I will be checking out whatever she writes next, lol. Daughter of the Pirate King was such an amazing debut. It was so fun and awful and a bit romantic too. The magic parts were the best. And all the characters were so interesting to read about. I would highly suggest that you all read this book when it comes out. Eee. Because it was such an awesome read. And I liked it so much. Go order it.


2 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm glad you enjoyed this book, Carina! I like pirate books too, so I am excited to read this one. I got it for review so I didn't read your review too closely, but I'm really pleased to see that you enjoyed this book. Hopefully there will be more books to follow this one.

    Wonderful review, Carina!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I can't wait to read this one even more!! The magic and romance sound amazing and I love that it was such a fun story. Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much, Carina!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)