Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #265

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THE SHADOW CIPHER BY LAURA RUBY

Goodreads Description:

It was 1798 when the Morningstarr twins arrived in New York with a vision for a magnificent city: towering skyscrapers, dazzling machines, and winding train lines, all running on technology no one had ever seen before. Fifty-seven years later, the enigmatic architects disappeared, leaving behind for the people of New York the Old York Cipher—a puzzle laid into the shining city they constructed, at the end of which was promised a treasure beyond all imagining. By the present day, however, the puzzle has never been solved, and the greatest mystery of the modern world is little more than a tourist attraction.

Tess and Theo Biedermann and their friend Jaime Cruz live in a Morningstarr apartment house—until a real estate developer announces that the city has agreed to sell him the five remaining Morningstarr buildings. Their likely destruction means the end of a dream long-held by the people of New York. And if Tess, Theo and Jaime want to save their home, they have to prove that the Old York Cipher is real. Which means they have to solve it.

From National Book Award Finalist Laura Ruby comes a visionary epic set in a New York City at once familiar and wholly unexpected.
 


Hardcover, 448 pages
Expected publication: May 16th 2017 by Walden Pond Press
Pre-Order here and here

I'm pretty curious about this one. I really liked the other book I have read by this author; Bone Gap. And so I'm super curious about her upcoming book :D The summary makes me a bit confused, though, to be honest. But I still think this book seems like it will be pretty exciting. I can't wait to read it :) Goodreads says this is to be a middle grade book. Which I'm really excited about :D Just hoping that I will love it. <3
What are you waiting for on this magnificent Wednesday?

5 comments:

  1. I've seen this cover and I absolutely love it! The cover draws me in more than the storyline, I think lol. I hope you enjoy this one, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this sounds interesting! I can't believe I haven't heard of it! That cover is seriously gorgeous. Wonderful pick, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I didn't realise that this book wasn't written by the author who wrote Bone Gap, I am quite intrigued by this one and the cover is pretty epic looking too! Great pick Carina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo this one sounds interesting, I hope you enjoy it when you get to read it! ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)