Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #15

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Today my teaser is from Divergent by Veronica Roth. I believe this is my fifth re-read of this amazing book. But it might be my sixth. Not entirely sure ;p Needed to re-read it because of Insurgent coming out. Think I will read Insurgent on my iPad today; but I really did wish to read the hardcover edition. But no mail in Norway today :\ Anyway! Just sharing a teaser from Divergent :) Still my favorite book. And if you have not read it yet; then you must do so! :) My book recommendation.


My heart beats so hard it hurts, and I can't scream and I can't breathe, but I also feel everything,
every vein and every fiber, every bone and every nerve, all awake and buzzing in my body
as if charged with electricity. I am pure adrenaline. ~ page 221

And another one.

He gives me a conflicted look and touches his lips to my forehead, right between my eyebrows.
I close my eyes. I don't understand this, whatever it is. But I don't want to ruin it, so I say nothing.
He doesn't move; he just stays there with his mouth pressed to my skin, and I stay there with my 
hands on his waist, for a long time. ~ page 315

6 comments:

  1. Divergent is my favorite too! =D Reading this make me want to read it all over again, before I got Insurgent.
    Thanks for sharing! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeep! I love both teasers there! Four is amazing, right? ;) Awesome choice of teasers Carina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep reading about these books I now have to pick it up! Thanks. Here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-may-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Divergent yet, but those are terrific quotes.

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers! I have Insurgent on my iPad too, I might start reading it tomorrow. New follower here! :)

    Here is mine@Bursting Books

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)