Thursday, April 14, 2016

DNF Review: Traitor Angels by Anne Blankman

This is the second book I have had to DNF this year. And it makes me so upset. But the writing did seriously not work for me. So I decided to just not read more of this book, instead of reading another meh book, which I have done too much of this year. I feel badly about not finishing this, but I'm also happy.

I have read the two other books by this author, and sadly they were both a bit meh for me. They were boring. Yet I still wanted to try this one, and I got it from Edelweiss. Cover is so pretty. And I was curious about the plot. But yeah. I now regret getting it. Which is just depressing. I didn't read all that much, though.

As I decided to stop this book after having read six chapters, and on page 52 of 315 of my ebook. I just could not deal with the writing in this one. Sigh. It was not good at all. I don't know how else to describe it. I didn't connect. Sadly, the writing was annoying to me. I felt nothing for the main girl. Her father, who was everything to her, seemed like an idiot at the few times he was there. I did not like him either. And, well, I didn't really like getting to know Elizabeth either, and yeah, there weren't much to know about her in those six chapters either. Her father is blind. He has made her write his new poem for him. She trains with knives and such each day. She has three sisters and a mean stepmom. Just, ugh. There was nothing interesting so far.

I felt like I wanted this book to be better. And it just wasn't. Not for me. This DNF review of mine will not end up being long at all. Because I really did not read much of this book. And I don't have that many things to say about what I read. Sigh. Just that it was boring. And I cared nothing for any of it. And I really didn't like the writing. If I had liked it, I would have read a bit more. But I just decided to stop reading instead. I'm so very tired of forcing myself to read bad books. So I'm pleased that I stopped.

When I stopped reading this book, Elizabeth's father had just been picked up by the king's men, most likely to be hanged in two weeks. And I cared not one bit. So I'm just happy I stopped reading this one. Sure, I was curious about the small romance coming up. But not that curious about it. I'm sure there are other amazing books out there. I will find them, lol. Thank you, though, to the publisher, Balzer + Bray aka HarperTeen for the Edelweiss auto-approval. <3 Means the most. Sorry that I didn't finish this one.

DNF
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover as well. Sorry it didn't work out for you, hun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CARINA. You DNF'd this one?! I'm so sorry! :( I absolutely adored this book. It moves slowly initially but it picks up and I was totally engaged in the story. It's too bad that you didn't connect with the characters, but that is definitely reason to DNF. Oh well!

    Great review, Carina. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)