Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #33

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

FATHOMLESS (Fairytale Retellings #3) BY JACKSON PEARCE

Goodreads Description:

Celia Reynolds is the youngest in a set of triplets and the one with the least valuable power. Anne can see the future, and Jane can see the present, but all Celia can see is the past. And the past seems so insignificant -- until Celia meets Lo.

Lo doesn't know who she is. Or who she was. Once a human, she is now almost entirely a creature of the sea -- a nymph, an ocean girl, a mermaid -- all terms too pretty for the soulless monster she knows she's becoming. Lo clings to shreds of her former self, fighting to remember her past, even as she's tempted to embrace her dark immortality.

When a handsome boy named Jude falls off a pier and into the ocean, Celia and Lo work together to rescue him from the waves. The two form a friendship, but soon they find themselves competing for Jude's affection. Lo wants more than that, though. According to the ocean girls, there's only one way for Lo to earn back her humanity. She must persuade a mortal to love her . . . and steal his soul.


Hardcover, 304 pages
Expected publication: September 4th 2012 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Pre-Order here.

I am so excited for this book! I loved Sisters Red by Jackson. And Sweetly. Sisters Red the most, though :D It was just so amazing. The writing, the story, the characters. And the thing is; the characters and such are all connected in these books! And I love it. Cannot wait for this! It sounds so good; and I just need more of these retellings by Jackson :) Just know it will be awesome. Pretty cover :)
What are you waiting for?

15 comments:

  1. You had me at mermaids. Loving the sound of this one. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Jackson Pearce's writing. Sister Red is still one of my favorites! I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I hope she doesn't stop with this retelling...we want more, more, more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard of this series before. Thanks for introducing. I am just getting into fairytale re-tellings, as a genre, so excited to see what this series is like.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Sweetly yet, but this one sounds good! And that cover is gorgeous. I would buy it for the cover alone. ;) Great pick, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this looks uber freaking good... mermaids dude!! Love them! :-)

    Who do you like best Alex Flinn or Jackson Pearce?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never read any books by Alex Flinn :D So I must say Jackson Pearce ;)

      Delete
    2. You should give Beastly a try, it's quite good and A Kiss in Time :-)

      They are both quite similar, I think Alex Flinn, slightly has the edge.

      Have you been watching that newish show Once Upon A Time? I LOVE it! :-)

      Delete
    3. Ohh, awesome :D Yeah, I should probably read those ;p And yes! I have :D I adore Once Upon a Time. <3 love it a lot. :)
      Psst, do you have a blog? :)

      Delete
    4. I was a little naughty and watched all the episodes online, it takes such a long time the shows here in the UK. It is an awesome show though, I hope they renew for season 2!

      I did have a blog, however when Google shut my blog down (which apparantly blogger blogs can be, you have no rights) so I quickly grabbed what I could and in the move to Wordpress, 98% of my blog was gone :-( and I have no backup :-(

      Delete
    5. Hih, I did that too :D See, I live in Norway. But, well, Norway has aired all the episodes by now (A) still. I couldn't wait until that. :) There will be a season 2 :D Cannot wait for it. :)

      Omg. That is not good! :( I'm sorry, bb :\ I have read that that have happened to other people too. So these days I'm "saving" my blog pretty often (A) since I'm sort of lazy and would not start all over again :p

      Delete
  6. omg, what? How is it that I haven't heard of this book yet? I love Jackson Pearce!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOO this sounds awesome. I must add this now. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like the sound of this one...and the cover is gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! Finally a cover! I LOVE Jackson Pearce! I thought Sisters Red and Sweetly were amazing and I can't wait to read Fathomless! I will say that I am slightly disappointed that the cover doesn't match the other two though!

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeaaaaaaah. I haven't read the other two books yet, but I'm planning on reading them soon. And I do that with a lot of books, haha, but fairytale retellings are the most important books for me to read ^^ I think I will read Sister red as my next book. Blablabla.. I'm sorry. I tend to talk a lot :')

    The whole premise, the cover, amazing :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)