Sunday, May 27, 2012

Review: Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris

When I first saw this book I wanted to read it. But then I checked it out some more, and I didn't want to read it at all. But somehow I decided to buy it, since I'm weird like that ;) And I am so glad I did! Because I ended up loving this book. Loved it way too much, I think. But it is all good. I was unsure because of the cover; and the cover don't make much sense with the story. Wish it had been more. Still, it is stunning :D

The writing in this book is perfect. The main character is thinking a lot, but I loved it all. Because it is written very well. And I enjoyed every moment of this book. Everything seems so real. But it is also so not-real, but it makes me think it could happen. And I loved that. Unraveling makes me feel so much. It makes me happy. But it mostly makes my heart break. It really did. It is so heartbreaking.

But I loved it. I would not wish for the heartbreak to not be there. Even though I sort of hated some things. But it made the book so good and it is a main reason for why I loved it so. When I started reading it, I couldn't stop until I had it finished. So I wouldn't recommend starting it in the evening :D This book starts out pretty normal, plot wise. Well, sort of. The whole being brought back to life wasn't very normal. But I loved it! And it wasn't that unusual ;) It made very sense.

The book in pretty normal at first though. The main character; Janelle goes to high school. Well, she isn't able to focus much on it in this book. But that was kind of perfect ;D She has one friend; Alex. And Alex is adorable. I loved him. He isn't a love interest. And that is good. He is just her best friend. And they are perfect as best friends. I loved their friendship. It is just very sweet. :)

Then there is Janelle. I pretty much loved everything about her. She is amazing. She's 17, and I'm happy about that. She isn't perfect. She doesn't have a good home life, although she loves her brother and her father. Things are just really complicated with her mother. And Janelle has had some pretty horrible stuff happened to her. And omg. I hated it!! It made me feel so much. But also loved it a lot.

Janelle is just an amazing character. I loved that this was her book. She's kind and sweet and strong but also so broken at times. I loved it. I also very much loved her brother. He is adorable. And I loved her father so much! Well, he wasn't there much. But I loved it when he was there. He has an awesome job. :) Her mother I hated. But she was sick; so I sort of understood it. Didn't like it, though.

Then there is Struz. Her father's partner. He is middle aged, I think. I loved reading about him :D He was also so amazing. Loved that he was included in this book. :) There is a few other people in this book that I liked and hated. Then there is Elijah and Reid. I didn't like them much. But I did understand them; and that was good. They were sort of awesome. :) In a weird way.

Then there is Ben. The love interest in this book. And omg. He is the best. He is so cute and adorable and kind and sweet and protective. He is the perfect boyfriend. Well, they aren't really a couple. At least not for a while. But this whole book is in less than 30 days; so I didn't mind much :D He and Janelle is perfect together. I just wish they were together more. The romance is sweet and perfect.

There just isn't enough. There is more plot than romance in this book. I didn't mind that much though. Because the plot is amazing. :) Anyway, Ben has a lot of secrets. I won't spoil any of them, though :D Because they are amazing to read about. Some parts of this plot didn't seem very beliveable. But I also loved it so much. Because it is unique and mostly awesome. So I enjoyed it very much.

This is a fantasy/paranormal book. I think I would call it a paranormal book. But it is set in the "regular" world. Sort of. :D The plot is confusing at parts. But it is also so awesome and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. So I'm happy with it. But oh. This book broke my heart so many times. It was painful. But I also loved every second of it. Hopefully you will too ;)

I will not forgive the author if there isn't a sequel to this book. Coming out very soon. Because this book has such an horrible and brutal ending. And it just cannot end like that. I will not allow it. Even so, I loved this book so much, but I also wish it had been longer. Even though it was so long o.O

I cannot say more about this book. Not really. Feel like I have said enough, I think. This book has so many things. Romance, action, mystery, sadness. Amazing characters and writing. So many things happen. But it is so good. A must read. Unraveling is a stunning book. And I feel that everyone should read it. So, yeah. Do that ;)

Goodreads - Buy it

Update: Newer and better review of the book can be found here.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so, so pleased you loved it. I told you it was such a good read. I <3 Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. i was thinking of getting this book but wasnt fully sure, your review makes it sound just like the sort of book i love so im definately going to get it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you gave this a go, Carina! I suppose it's a good thing you buy a ton of books, even the ones you don't want to read. ;) I loved everything about Janelle and Ben too and adored the romance between them. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this one really bad. I've had that experience where I research a book and decide NO and then end up getting a copy and wondering why I said I wasn't going to read it in the first place. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)