Saturday, June 4, 2016

Book Recommendation: Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman


Eee, I finally got to re-read this stunning book. Ever since I read it last May, I have wanted to read it again and again. But decided to wait, because the wait for Gemina would just be even more painful for me. But now I have Gemina. And I could finally re-read Illuminae, and oh god. I love this book so much. It's so special to me. Written in such a different way, that works so well, with the most awesome and exciting plot. And stunning characters. Sigh. Plus I love the romance so much. And Kady is just the most fierce.

I'm not going to write all that much about the book this time. But I'm still going to share all the reasons for why I love it. Well, I shall try to. Because I love all of this book. Every single piece of it. Well, okay, I'm a bit upset about all the evil deaths, lol, but besides that. My favorite part of this book is still that last almost image page. It just fills me with feelings. Plus it's gorgeous. But I do also think that this whole book is my favorite part. Shrugs. Everything about it is written so well. And all of it is so heartbreaking. And so evil.

This is the story of Kady and Ezra. And how their planet was just destroyed, and they are now on different spaceships trying to escape from someone still trying to kill them all. So many survivors. So many deaths. This book takes place over about six months, but most of it is spent in the last few days of that time. Just, gosh. I love this plot. In space. Space travel. So exciting. There is also a dangerous virus. A crazy AI named AIDAN. And crazy people in charge too. So much happens. So many die. It is the very best, lol.

I'm not sure what else I wish to share about this plot right now, so not sharing all that much. But this book is the most exciting and so heartbreaking and full of suspense. I loved reading every moment of it. I loved the different way it is written. It was so good. I love Ezra and Kady. I love how much they care for each other. I liked reading about James, a friend of Ezra. And I'm still not over how the story ended for him. It breaks my heart. Sigh. This whole book is heartbreaking. And I shall never ever forget this story. My love.

The romance in this book is all kinds of awesome. Yes, the characters spend just about the whole book not together, on different spaceships, but they do talk via messages, and it is the most awesome thing. They are so cute. I'm a bit sad that so many months went by, when they did not speak together, because they had broken up. Sigh. But then things go bad. And they start speaking. And gah. I love Kady and Ezra so much. And I adore how much they love each other. I really need more of their lovely romance.

You have me. Until the last star in the galaxy dies. You have me.

If you still haven't read Illuminae, then I don't know what you are waiting for. This book is all kinds of epic and exciting and heartbreaking and I could not have loved it more than I do. You all need to read it too. I'm so glad I finally re-read it. I can't wait to read it again next year, before the third and final book. Ahh. I'm so nervous. Yet so excited. The next books are going to be so amazing. I can't wait. Just so happy with how much I love Illuminae. And how much I adore these two authors too. They are so amazing.

My collection of Illuminae is the biggest and the most gorgeous thing I own. I cannot wait to add all the copies of Gemina to my collection too. Eee. It's going to be so gorgeous. I do now have the UK ARC of Gemina, which means the most to me. And shortly getting the US ARC, and I could not be happier. Ahh. Sniffs. Just crossing my fingers for the casualty list contest, because it would mean so much to be killed off in Gemina, lol. I want my name in that book. Sigh. Anyway. I love this book the most. The very most.



7 comments:

  1. Oh my God, wow! That collection is amazing! I really loved this book as well, and I can't wait to read Gemina!

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read this book! Been meaning for a while now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing collection! I really want to reread this one as welll. It was so incredible in how unique it was. I can't wait for Gemina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah. I need to finish my copy. Like, stat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love this series. Added bonus is that Amie and Jay are both so amazing.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm nervous about Gemina, mostly because 2nd books tend to blow as a hole, but I adored Illuminae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I think I owe it to you and myself to pick this book up ASAP. Cause seriously been hearing some many great things about this book from you that I really need to read it. I will. Soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)