What you will find in this book:
– A rather attractive bearded lady
– Several scandalous murders
– A deliciously disgusting Amazonian shrunken head
– Four extraordinary children with equally extraordinary abilities
– A quite loquacious talking bird
Blessed with extraordinary abilities, orphans Philippa, Sam, and Thomas have grown up happily in Dumfrey’s Dime Museum of Freaks, Oddities, and Wonders. But when a fourth child, Max, a knife-
thrower, joins the group, it sets off an unforgettable chain of events. When the museum’s Amazonian shrunken head is stolen, the four are determined to get it back. But their search leads them to a series of murders and an explosive secret about their pasts.
This sensational new series combines the unparalleled storytelling gifts of Lauren Oliver with the rich
knowledge of the notorious relics collector H.C. Chester.
What you will NOT find in this book:
– An accountant named Seymour
– A never-ending line at the post office
– Brussel sprouts (shudder)
– A lecture on finishing all your homework on time
– A sweet, gooey story for nice little girls and boys.
Hardcover, 368 pages
Expected publication: September 29th 2015 by HarperCollins Children's BooksPre-Order here and here
I'm excited for this book because I adore middle grade books. And I think this one looks and sounds amazing :D I have also loved other middle grade books by Lauren. So I'm really, really hoping to end up loving this one too :D I do have it via Edelweiss; planning on reading it soon. Hope it will be awesome.
What are you waiting for on this curious Wednesday?