Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas


You have all read this book by now, yes? Because if not, then you really must. This is my third time reading The Burning Sky. And I love it a little bit more each time I read it. And oh, how I love this book. I love it so so much. It is very precious to me. The writing is all kinds of stunning. The story is amazing. The characters are the bestest. The small romance is so good. And Titus. Swoon. He is the very best boy. I'm so glad that I decided to re-read these books right now. Because I needed it. This is amazing.

I'm not sure how to talk about this gorgeous book. I'm not going to share all the details. But there are some things I would like to mention again, hih. First starting with how amazing it is. How amazing the writing is. Sherry Thomas is all kinds of awesome. And I'm so excited to read more books by her. She is also one of the kindest people I know. Anyway. Her writing is the best. And I love that so much. And I love how The Burning Sky is told from two point of views. Titus and Iolanthe. They are both perfect.

My favorite in this book is Titus. Because damn. That boy is the bestest. I love how smart he is. How protective he is. And how lonely he is. It broke my heart the most. He has no one before Iolanthe shows up. And oh. I loved getting to know Titus. I loved it so much. He is amazing. And I loved getting to see the sad parts of him. It was the best. And oh so heartbreaking. Sniffs. Yet, yeah. The very best. Titus is an amazing character. And I must know more about him. Because he is oh so amazing. Sniffs. Love him.

But I also love Iolanthe to pieces too. I love her Elemental powers. How amazing she is at it. Sigh. It's awesome to read about. I love how she first meets Titus. How she loves him right away, lol, but then hates him for a bit. I'm not sure I approved of that. Yet I did understand it. Somewhat. Thankfully, the hate part did not last long, and it was not bad to read about at all. I loved getting to know Iolanthe. Her past, her present. About her guardian too. I'm curious about him. I'm dying to know more of Iolanthe.

What I loved the most in this book is how Iolanthe has to pretend to be a boy for such a long time. It was amazing to read about. I loved how well done it was. How she was amazing at it. How no one noticed. How Titus helped her with it. And sigh. The all-boys school was great to read about. I loved getting to know the different boys there too. Though I do wish they had been closer to Titus. Sniffs. But he is still sort of friends with a few of them, which I loved. I loved her new name, Fairfax. So awesome.

There is so much to love about this book. And I cannot begin to mention it all. But damn. There is magic. And it is fantastic. There is a romance. And it is heartbreaking and swoon-worthy. There are some really bad people. Some whom hurt Titus. Which broke my heart. Ugh. Yet it was the best to read about. There are so many awesome people in this book too. But oh. Titus's mission. It is the most awful one. I do not want him to die. But I'm starting to think he might end up dead by the end. Ack. Hope not.

The Burning Sky is such an amazing book. And I couldn't have loved it more. The characters are oh so amazing. The plot is stunning. I loved reading about everything. And I just wish this book had been even longer, lol. But now I shall re-read The Perilous Sea, and I cannot wait. But also nervous, as I remember a lot of sad moments. Sniffs. Yet oh so excited. Anyway. You all need to read The Burning Sky. Because it is amazing. And so perfect. And you all need to meet Titus right away. You will not regret reading this.


7 comments:

  1. I would sell my soul for a copy of THE IMMORTAL HEIGHTS! What will happen to our beloved duo?! I agree with all of this. Titus is my favorite character, and I love watching Ioanthe pretend to be a boy. THE PERILOUS SEA is my favorite of the series so far and I'm dying for the finale. Hoping it all ends ok. Lovely thoughts, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, i wished i loved The Burning Sky as much as you did. I thought it was an OK read.. but man those covers are GORGOUS! I have to give it that

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous and I need to make time to read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. I'm ready to give up on fantasy. This is another series that I couldn't get into. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked The Burning Sky, but I LOVED The Perilous Sea. I am so excited for the third book in this series! I mean, like you, I really liked Iolanthe's disguise as a male student, but my favorite part - kinda - was the inclusion of footnotes. (Loved them and thought they added a lot to the worldbuilding!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to read this one but I have it on my Kindle library... so happy to hear that you love this one so much!
    I think I'll binge read the trilogy once all three books are out!
    Great review sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful fantasy read. This book has it all; a complex world, interesting magic, an excellent plot, and characters that are likable and engaging. There is action, adventure, danger, and romance as well. Everything is very well balanced and the book was incredibly hard to put down...I really enjoyed reading it. I will definitely be reading future installments in this series and can’t wait to see what the next book holds for our magical characters.

    Mica
    Customer recommendations for websites maid service Austin information

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)