Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #17

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THE IMMORTAL RULES BY JULIE KAGAWA

Goodreads Description:

You will kill. The only question is when.

In the dark days since the insidious Red Lung virus decimated the human population, vampires have risen to rule the crumbling cities and suburbs. Uncontested Princes hold sway over diminished ranks of humans: their "pets." In exchange for their labor, loyalty and of course, their blood, these pets are registered, given food and shelter, permitted to survive.

Unregistered humans cling to fringes, scavenging for survival. Allison Sekemoto and her fellow Unregistereds are hunted, not only by vampires, but by rabids, the unholy result of Red Lung-infected vampires feeding on unwary humans. One night, Allie is attacked by a pack of rabids, saved by an unlikely hero...and turned vampire.

Uncomfortable in her undead skin, Allie falls in with a ragtag crew of humans seeking a cure, or cures: for Rabidism and for Vampirism. She's passing for human...for now. But the hunger is growing and will not be denied. Not for friendship—not even for love.


Hardcover, 304 pages
Expected publication: April 24th 2012 by Harlequin Teen
Pre-Order it here.

Oh. This book seems AMAZING!! Can't wait to read it :D I love Julie's other series; The Iron Fey. I have a feeling this series is a bit different than that one ;) But oh. This one seems so so so amazing. And I am dying to read it :) Pretty cover, as well. <3
What are you waiting for?

9 comments:

  1. I love The Iron Fey series so I can't wait to see how this book will differ from that series. I'm sure it will be just as amazing. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is quite popular this week! :) I still need to read her previous books though. Nice pick!

    My Wow for this week. :)

    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!! This book is a total YES! I can't wait to read it! The Iron Fey was amazing and I totally love Julie's writing! :) This book will be so awesome!! :) :) Great pick Carina!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this also. I still haven't read the Iron Fey series - but I did just order all of them, so I will be reading them soon. Thanks for sharing.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, love that cover! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! I am really looking forward to this, especially as I LOVE Julie Kagawa's other books. I know it's about vampires, but it manages to sound really different to anything else, so I can't wait to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like I'm in the same boat as a lot of others! Julie Kagawa's writing, so I'm definitely reading! Great pick this week!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books <--My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! This one! I'm SO. EXCITED! (Mainly because I liked Kagawa's writing style but hated the Faeries in her Fey series. XD)

    Happy Wednesday! :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm waiting for this one,too!! Am currently reading THE IRON KNIGHT and can't wait for another of Julie Kagawa's books. She's such a great author!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)