Saturday, February 4, 2012

Review: The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe

I don't know how to start this review. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, it was amazing. On the other, there were so many things I had issues with. My review will contain MANY SMALL SPOILERS, so if you don't want that, you really shouldn't read this review :)

I had waited a very long time for this book, and I am tiny tiny tiny bit disappointed. But not very much. I kind of really liked the main charater; Kaelyn. I liked that the book told her story. But then, I never got used to the writing. The whole diary thing. But, the second book will be different, and I am excited about that :)

Even though I liked Kaelyn, I had issues with feeling things the way she did. I didn't really connect with her. But besides that, the story really is amazing. I liked the plot. I liked the way the virus is described; it sounded very real and so freaking scary.

What I didn't like however, were all the deaths.. Of important people. But then, I also get why so many people had to die. Even the important ones. Although there were a couple of deaths I really hated (A)

Even though the story is amazing, and I liked a few characters, there was this thing I REALLY hated. She is writing this diary of sorts to her used-to-be best friend who has moved away. And because of that, I really thought Leo would be the love interest. He wasn't.

Leo wasn't even in this book. But he will be in the next one. She made me fall for Leo, kind of, and then she made Kaelyn fall for Gav. Which, to me, didn't really make sense at all. I didn't really like him either. And when she fell for him, she just "let go" of her feelings for Leo. Which didn't seem real to me..

But then, Leo and her never had a relationship before, and he has a girlfriend, sort of. But still. What was the point in making me like him, when he won't even be the love interest? :( If it is to make a love triangle with four people in the next book then I'm most likely not reading it. Even though I am extremely excited for the next book; to see what happens next. But more than that, I hate love triangles :p

But. I am going to hope. Although this part really, really pissed me off :\ Hoping it will all work out in the sequel :) Although I don't see how it can right now :p It will most likely break my heart. Oh well. It's still a year until then, right? :D

The story is worthy of at least four stars. But because of the issues I had with some things I'm only giving it three stars. But still, this is a great book, one you really, really should read :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I own a copy of this book and I'm really curious.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)