Thursday, February 23, 2012

Review #2: Eve by Anna Carey

I first read this book in August of last year; via NetGalley. I really loved it. So I bought a hardcover of it, and oh, it so pretty :) Then a couple of months ago I got an ARC of the sequel; ONCE. But I peeked at the ending, and that really scared me. So I didn't dare read it yet. But then, yesterday, I looked at both Eve and Once and realized I needed to read them. Missed Eve and Caleb. <3

So I put aside my fears, and started to re-read Eve. Which I just finished doing; and will read Once later today :) But back to Eve. Wanted to write a second review for it, since I didn't really say much about it in my previous review.

Eve starts out really amazing, to be honest. It starts at the school where the main character; Eve attends and lives. It is the night before graduation. And Eve is the best student there. They are all supposed to learn a trade, for four years, before moving to the King's city; City of Sand.

But this same night, a girl manages to escape the school. The school is locked up real good, with high walls, to keep out wild dogs and bad men. But before Arden manages to escape, she runs into Eve. Where she tells Eve the horrible truth about what will really happen to them all after graduation.

At first, Eve is too shocked and doesn't really believe her at all. But then, later at night, she slips out of bed, and wades across the lake to see for herself if it's true what Arden says. Which it is. Eve finds out the horrible truth, and oh, it really is horrible what happens to them all. But I won't tell you that ;)

Eve then manages to escape as well; and she is on her own for 8 days out in the woods. And then she bumps into Arden; where they agree to travel to the safe place called Califia together. Along the way though, they run into Caleb. Who helps them with food and shelter; when Arden turns sick.

They spend weeks at his camp, with his friends, most which are really kind. But not all. Like Leif. The sort-of leader. Eve was told at school to fear all men, because there wasn't anything good about them. She was told they would rape her, and other horrible things. But then she discovers that Caleb isn't like that at all. Caleb isn't anything but good and kind. And so cute.

She starts falling for him, and I really really like that part ;) Love the romance in this book. Even though I do wish there had been more of it :) And I also wish that horrible thing near the middle hadn't happened. But, it also made sort of sense that it did. I just didn't like it.

Now that I have told you so much about the book, I don't really want to spoil the end for you :D Just want to say that there is lots of action in this book, and lots of romance, and the plot is amazing. I love most of the characters in this book. They are all awesome. I really like the way the world is :) Even though I do not like the way they all seem to worship the king.

The ending of Eve, though, is horrible. It is sad, but it is also hopeful, and it is a good cliffhanger. That makes it easy to see that there must be a sequel :) I'm excited to read the sequel :D Even though I know how it ends, and I am extremely worried :p But, I still can't wait to read it :)

Anyway, this book is amazing, and if you have not read it yet, you really need to do so :)
My first review of Eve is here.

9 comments:

  1. I can't believe you peeked at the ending!!! =O That should be illegal haha! I've read Once and it is quite frustrating =/ Its still really good though, I think I liked it better than the first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah, I agree. But I just can't help it :D Always do that ;) Yeah, it is very frustrating :\ but still awesome :D

      Delete
  2. Im so glad you enjoyed this book Carina, I liked this book and its amazing. Cant wait for the second installment! Great review.

    LALAINE'S FICBOOKREVIEWS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait for the second book! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For so long I was going to avoid getting and reading this one because people have done nothing but talk about whatever happens in the end of the book. I recently decided to get a copy when Ana came to my state for a signing. I'm really excited to read this one now. I'm so glad you loved the book and now I'm dying to know what they are doing to the students.

    Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you. <3 See, the ending isn't really that bad. It's bad, but I never regretted reading the book because of it :) Glad you have it; hope you will read it soon :D And I really hope you will like it :)
      <3

      Delete
  5. Eve is one of those books you secretly want to read, but end up debating with yourself after reading all those mixed reviews. But let me tell you: Eve was a pretty satisfying read.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)