Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #95

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

3:59 BY GRETCHEN MCNEIL

Goodreads Description:

Josie Byrne's life is spiraling out of control. Her parents are divorcing, her boyfriend Nick has grown distant, and her physics teacher has it in for her. When she's betrayed by the two people she trusts most, Josie thinks things can't get worse.

Until she starts having dreams about a girl named Jo. Every night at the same time—3:59 a.m.

Jo's life is everything Josie wants: she's popular, her parents are happily married, and Nick adores her. It all seems real, but they're just dreams, right? Josie thinks so, until she wakes one night to a shadowy image of herself in the bedroom mirror – Jo.

Josie and Jo realize that they are doppelgängers living in parallel universes that overlap every twelve hours at exactly 3:59. Fascinated by Jo's perfect world, Josie jumps at the chance to jump through the portal and switch places for a day.

But Jo’s world is far from perfect. Not only is Nick not Jo's boyfriend, he hates her. Jo's mom is missing, possibly insane. And at night, shadowy creatures feed on human flesh.

By the end of the day, Josie is desperate to return to her own life. But there’s a problem: Jo has sealed the portal, trapping Josie in this dangerous world. Can she figure out a way home before it’s too late?

From master of suspense Gretchen McNeil comes a riveting and deliciously eerie story about the lives we wish we had – and how they just might kill you.


Hardcover, 368 pages
Expected publication: September 17th 2013 by Balzer & Bray
Pre-Order here.

Yeah. I cannot wait for 3:59 :D I think it sounds amazing. Really hope that it will be awesome too. Summary makes me worry a tiny bit about the romance, but oh. I hope there will be at least a little bit of sweet romance in this book :) Although I'm mostly excited for the creepy parts, lol :) Cannot wait!
What are you waiting for?

16 comments:

  1. I have seen this around a bit, sounds like it will be a popular one!

    Here’s My WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this as well! it sounds amazing.

    Sharon – Obsession with Books

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this one either! I loved Ten by Gretchen McNeil, and this one sounds just as awesome. Hope we love it haha :D
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have this on my TBR list - sounds so amazing! I hope the expectations will be met. :) Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this one! I've not seen any ratings yet but I think it's going to be very good. Great pick Carina!

    My Friends Are Fiction's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah! I never really read the blurb of this book until now and it sounds AMAZING! I want this book too. One more month! Thanks for sharing this, Carina. Fantastic, Pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't seen this before, the cover is very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is on my tbr as well. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read anything by Gretchen McNeil, but this one sounds awesome! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read this author's debut novel and quite liked it overall, so I'm definitely looking forward to this too. It sounds like it could be pretty creepy! It's been a while since I've been genuinely scared by a book.

    Great pick this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Looking forward to this too. Everyone seems to have this book in their hauls lately (just not me. Booo) Great pick, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh! I'm so excited for this one, great pick!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choice! I can't wait for this either : )

    my WOW and giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sound of this book too Carina, I'm loving books with parallel universes at the moment and this sounds like it will be an amazing read. Thank goodness we don't have to wait too long before it's release either! Brilliant pick Carina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have an ARC of this one.. and sounds interesting!! Hope you can read it soon!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  16. The idea of these parallel selves is so cool-looking forward to checking this one out!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)