Monday, February 6, 2012

Review: Article 5 by Kristen Simmons

I’m not sure how to feel about this book. To me, it is a weak four star, I think. See, I loved the story. I loved the plot. I loved the love interest. But I kind of hated the main character.

I had trouble getting into this book at first, since it didn’t feel so real to me, because of how it was written, and with how much I disliked the main character, Ember. 

She isn’t really so bad, I just couldn’t connect to her at all. Didn’t feel anything that she was feeling. And I felt like she was overreacting way too often. Sure, it’s probably normal for must to react that way; I just did not find it to be believable. 

There were so so so many people in this book I did not like. So many bad guys. And just evil people. And then there were Chase. I loved Chase. But I HATED the way Ember thought of him. Chase is a good guy. Kind, loving, strong, broken. But Ember can't seem to see that. 

Even so, I found the book to be very enjoyable. Thought the action and almost-romance was great, even if Ember pissed me off so often. I wasn’t able to put this book down, even with how sick I am today.  

I kind of liked what the US turned into after a war. Even though it's bad and evil, that was one part I found to believe as real. The book leaves many things unsolved, but I have high hopes for all unsolved things in the sequel :)

It reminded me a lot of Legend, but Legend was so much better. But still, there wasn’t really anything alike. And I still really liked this book. I am excited about a sequel :D 

So if you haven’t read this book yet, you really should do so :)

8 comments:

  1. i quite loved it/ bummr ember was a bit iffy 4 u
    glad u liked it carina

    you rock girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this SO BAD.

    Nerd Girls at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame you didn't like Ember. Buy yay for liking Chase! He's amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found her to be very annoying (A) Didn't like the way she kept thinking about Chase.. with hate, mostly. It didn't seem very real to me. But still, I did enjoy the book :D And yes, Chase is awesome. <3

      Delete
  4. I LOVED this book! Loved it! I need book two NOW! It's a shame you didn't like Ember and I'm sure Chase makes up for that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you did :D I am extremely excited for book 2 too. <3 I just didn't like her :\ but yeah, Chase is amazing :D
      <3

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry you didn't care for Ember. Chase does really make up for it though doesn't he?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)