Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Waiting on Wednesday #633

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THE DARKNESS WITHIN US (The Shadows Between Us #2)
BY TRICIA LEVENSELLER

Goodreads Description:

Chrysantha Stathos has won.

By hiding her intelligence and ambition behind the mask of a beautiful air-headed girl, she has gathered important secrets, earned her father’s constant care, and become a wealthy duchess—all by age nineteen. Now, she is only one elderly, dying duke away from having all the freedom, money, and safety she’s ever wanted.

Or so she thought.

Turns out her little sister somehow snatched the true victory away from her: Alessandra is wedding the Shadow King, the most powerful man in the world. Meanwhile, after the death of Chrysantha’s no-good, lecherous husband, a man claiming to be the duke’s estranged grandson turns up to inherit everything that should be hers.

Chrysantha is enraged. There is no way that she’s going to let some man take everything from her. Never mind that he’s extremely handsome and secretive and alluring with mysterious powers… No, Chrysantha wants Eryx Demos dead, and in the end, a Stathos girl always gets what she wants.

Format: 336 pages, Hardcover
Expected Publication: July 9, 2024 by Feiwel & Friends
Pre-Order: Blackwells and Amazon US and Amazon UK

I know, I know. I haven't read book one yet. Oops. But I do own it, ha :) So I will be reading this second book too, one day. When I find the time to read the first one. Oops. But I think that I will like them both :)
What are you waiting for on this dark Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)