Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #161

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THE CAGE BY MEGAN SHEPHERD

Goodreads Description: 

When Cora Mason wakes in a desert, she doesn't know where she is or who put her there. As she explores, she finds an impossible mix of environments--tundra next to desert, farm next to jungle--and a strangely empty town cobbled together from different cultures and time periods, all watched over by eerie black windows. And she isn't alone.

Four other teenagers have also been taken: a beautiful model, a tattooed smuggler, a secretive genius, and an army brat who seems to know too much about Cora's past. None of them have a clue as to what happened, and all of them have secrets. As the unlikely group struggles for leadership, they slowly start to trust each other. But when their mysterious jailer appears--a handsome young guard named Cassian--they realize that their captivity is more terrifying than they could ever imagine: their captors aren't from Earth. And they have taken they five teenagers to an otherworldly zoo--where the exhibits are humans.

When a forbidden attraction develops between Cora and Cassian, she realizes that her best chance of escape might be in the arms of her own jailer--though that would mean leaving the others behind. Can Cora manage to save herself and her companions? And if so…what world lies beyond the walls of their cage?


Hardcover, 400 pages
Expected publication: May 26th 2015 by Balzer & Bray/Harperteen
Pre-Order here.

I am all kinds of excited for The Cage. I have waited a long time for it, hih. And that cover is stunning. Sigh. I love it. And the summary is all kinds of awesome too. It sounds creepy. And awesome. And I just cannot wait to read this book. I'm pretty sure it will be all kinds of awesome. <3 Just.. hoping there will not be any hints of a love triangle in this series. Sigh. Crossing my fingers :D Doesn't it sound awesome?
What are you waiting for on this trapped Wednesday?

16 comments:

  1. The cover is amazing and the book sounds fantastic! Adding it to the wish list for sure, and like you hoping there won't be a love triangle in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous! I haven't read her other series yet (got turned off it from the reviews of the second book) but this is more my type of read anyway. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh sounds great! I do hope I'll enjoy this one better than her debut work. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have her trilogy lined up for the next month. I'll have to add this one on my wishlist.
    Great pick!

    Glass @ Ja Ĩitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a book I would enjoy. Here's my pick: http://www.lexielaser.com/2014/11/wow-heir.html :) Loving the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read The Cage:D I love the cover, and just the thoughts of a human zoo has me intrigued! But, yeah there is a love triangle vibe. I'm not usually put off a book purely due to a love triangle... as long as they are handled well! (But, unfortunately, they're rarely done well, and finding an proper choice between two equal characters is even rarer!) Humm, yeah, now I DEFINITELY hope there isn't a love triangle!! LOL! Hope you enjoy it, and thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. New to me but sounds good and hope that you get a chance to read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree Carina, the cover is gorgeous! I didn't actually realise that Shepherd had a new book set for release next year, but this one sure does sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you that the cover is stunning! So eye-catching. The book sounds interesting too! Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this does sound amazing! I'll have to mark it as on going on the TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This reminds me of an old Twilight Zone episode! Hope you get your hands on this one soon, Carina! I can't wait to see what you make of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm pretty excited to read this one as well! I hope we enjoy it when we read (hopefully sooner rather than later) :D

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've not heard of this one yet, thanks for introducing me! I'm already freaked out - and definitely intrigued. What a fascinating concept. I'm definitely adding this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just realized who this author is - I see she likes love triangles. Eek. I'll have to wait and see about this one.

      Delete
  14. Ooh this one sounds good!!! Such an interesting plot, thanks for sharing :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one does sound good but the author likes love triangles, so I'm nervous. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)