Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #183

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THE WITCH HUNTER BY VIRGINIA BOECKER

Goodreads Description:

The magic and suspense of Graceling meet the political intrigue and unrest of Game of Thrones in this riveting fantasy debut.

Elizabeth Grey is one of the king's best witch hunters, devoted to rooting out witchcraft and doling out justice. When she's accused of being a witch herself, Elizabeth is arrested and sentenced to die at the stake. Salvation comes from a man she thought was her enemy. Nicholas Perevil, the most powerful wizard in the kingdom, offers her a deal: he will save her from execution if she can track down the person who laid a deadly curse on him.

As she's thrust into the world of witches, ghosts, pirates, and all-too-handsome healers, Elizabeth is forced to redefine her ideas of right and wrong, of friends and enemies, and of love and hate.


Hardcover, 368 pages
Expected publication: June 2nd 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Pre-Order here and here.

This cover is so gorgeous. And because of this, I think I will love this book, hah :D The summary is pretty amazing too. I do like reading about witches. And this sounds pretty exciting :) Just hoping it will be amazing like I want it to be. <3 Wishing for a great romance, with no hint of a triangle :) Oh, I hope. But! Comparing it to Graceling. And Game of Thrones. Ugh. I do not think any books can compare to Graceling. And I really hate when people try comparing them. Sigh. But still hoping to love this one :) Oh! And I now have this as an eARC, the UK edition. <3 I shall be reading it very soon, I think.
What are you waiting for on this witchy Wednesday?

11 comments:

  1. Those are hard comparisons, right? I do get why they use them, since that idea SO appeals to me, but I agree! I like books that sell themselves. :) Great pick Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one earlier this week. I like the premise of the book, and I'll definitely have to check it out.

    My Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New to me but great pick. Hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to this one too. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm both looking forward and dreading this one! It sounds fantastic but sometimes I have issues reading books about witches...
    Great pick sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to reading this one too. I hope you enjoy the book! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually not interested in this one like everyone else is, it seems! I mean, I'm curious, but not DYING to read it. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Have a lovely week, Carina :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I'm rarely into these type of books, but I can't deny how intriguing this one sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I already read this one and *wasn't* a big fan of it, unfortunately. :( There is sort-of a love triangle, but I can't really describe it without giving you any spoilers. >_<

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was really looking forward to this one, too, but...... ughh I didn't like it as much as I wanted to. I gave it 3 stars. The MC bugged me a lot. :/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)