Saturday, March 17, 2012

Review: The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge

Why I haven't read this book before now, I do not know. But I do remember being scared of reading it, because I tried to read it on my iPad many, many months ago. Meaning I peeked at many things in it, and I thought there was a love triangle in it. But there isn't. At all. And it is so damn good. I'm glad I read it :) And I'm glad I'm about to start the sequel right away, as well ;p

This book is amazing. There is no other word to describe it. The world it is set in is so good, 1955, I think it is. And I loved how destroyed the world is. But it is still working quite fine, and I just loved it all. I loved how things worked there, although I hated the Proctors. But they did made sense. Even though I didn't like some things, I loved it more.

I don't want to say too much about the world, because it was awesome to read about. There is a lot of twists and turns in this book, and I loved them all. There is just so much happening, and it is really exciting. Don't want to ruin a big part of this story, so I won't say it, just know that it is awesome :D And it made the story even more special.

The characters in this book are amazing. I really loved Aoife. She is kind, and sweet, but still strong. And she is also kind of broken. Which I liked. She is just really awesome :) A great main character. She is a bit young; a month from 16. But I liked it. Guessing with what she has been through, and with how the world is, she has grown up a lot faster.

Aoife only has one true friend; Cal. And I didn't really like him much. I'm extremely happy that there wasn't any sort of romance between them, thank god :) Good thing about Cal, he turned out to be a lot more by the end of this book ;) And I liked that turn of the plot. Was really interesting :)

The character I liked the most though, was Dean ;) See, I always love the boy the most. And there isn't any way I wouldn't have loved Dean. He is simply amazing. Kind, strong, a bit weird, but perfect. I loved the nicknames he had for Aoife :) They were adorable. Also sort of liked that he smokes. Maybe. I really loved the romance in this book. It was perfect, I think. No drama :)

There is a lot of characters in this book, and I liked most of them. Although some I really did not like, but I loved that they were there :) Don't want to say more about this book, because I do not want to spoil it. Just trust me; this book is amazing and a must read :) So excited for the second book! :D 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this so much, Carina. I wasn't actually a fan of this book, but your review is making me want to give it another go! :D I can't wait to see what you think of the second book - I may be wrong, but I think that was up on NetGalley for a bit..? I don't know if it's still up there though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D Hih, I really, really liked it :) <3 I think it was; maybe ;D Thank you for commenting, Sam. <3

      Delete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)