Friday, February 24, 2023

Review: Cut!: How Lotte Reiniger and a Pair of Scissors Revolutionized Animation by C. E. Winters & Matt Schu

I just could not resist reading this short picture book. Although I had never heard about Lotte before. And only bought this book because of my love for the author, Cat Winters. This was such a short story, but I am glad that I read it.

I'm giving it four stars, as it was stunning, but not fully a story for me, haha. But I so enjoyed getting to know about Lotte and her history. It was fully fascinating. All the illustrations were gorgeous too; Matt Schu did such a great job.

I shall not write much more about this story, as this picture book was really short. It had great writing and a good story. I knew nothing about Lotte Reiniger before, but now I'm curious about her. I so loved reading about how she made movies with scissors, cutting out paper silhouettes. I loved all of the illustrations. Cut! How Lotte Reiniger and a Pair of Scissors Revolutionized Animation tells the story of how Lotte came to be such a great filmmaker, ending up making at least 60 of her unique movies. You should all read this story too, to get to know about Lotte.

Goodreads - The Book Depository - Blackwells - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)