Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday #391

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THE STAR SHEPHERD 
BY MARCYKATE CONNOLLY & DAN HARING

Goodreads Description:

Neil Gaiman meets How to Train Your Dragon in this beautifully illustrated middle-grade novel about a boy, his trusted dog, and his best friend, as they race to save the stars before their light is extinguished for good.

When the world first formed, the night was black and filled with dark creatures. The Elders knew their people couldn't survive under such a threat. So they gave their hearts to the sky in the form of stars to keep evil away.

Now, eleven-year-old Kyro is a Star Shepherd like his father. He's spent his life tucked away in the small town of Drenn. There, the family watches the night sky for falling stars―and rushes to rescue them when they do.

When too many stars start falling at once, and disappearing before they can be saved, Kyro's father journeys to report the threat. But when he doesn't return, Kyro, with the help of his best friend, Andra, and his trusty dog, Cypher, must find a way to save the stars before the dark creatures make a terrifying return.


Hardcover, 320 pages
Expected publication: September 10th 2019 by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky
Pre-Order here and here

Eee. I cannot wait for this book :D It sounds so good. And looks gorgeous too. I love this cover :D And gosh. I have been a fan of MarcyKate for years now. Her books are awesome. And so I cannot wait to read this new book by her :) I have never read anything by Dan before, but he seems pretty amazing too, and I cannot wait to see how these two authors write together. I simply need this book in my life already.
What are you waiting for on this starry Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)