Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Winner's Trilogy #1: The Winner's Curse


Oh, reading this book for the fourth time was simply amazing. I will never tire of reading this precious book. And it will also never fail to break my heart. Hmph. How mean. It has already been over a year since I last read it. Ack. I probably didn't need to re-read it again, as I remember all of it so well, but I wanted to. I wanted it fresh in my mind. And I'm so glad I did. It's perfect. Next I will be re-reading The Winner's Crime, and I can't wait. And then I have an eARC of The Winner's Kiss to read. I can't wait :D

I have probably already said everything I could possibly say about this book. But I still wish to talk about it. And share about it. Because I love it so much. I also feel like so many of you have yet to read this book. You need to get started. Because it is seriously not to be missed. I have now read it four times, and I still love it like crazy. Sigh. I will not write too much about it this time, just wish to share all of my thoughts about it. I have so much love for this book. For this author. For all of these characters. Sigh.

"The Winner's Curse is when you come out on top 
of the bid, but only by paying a steep price."

I have so many thoughts about this book. And I'm not sure what I wish to share about it this time. My mind is going quiet. I just can't believe how much I love this book. How much I still love it, after all this time since the first time I read it. The writing is all kinds of beautiful. I love how Marie Rutkoski writes her stories. I felt everything. I loved everything. I just really love her writing style. And I have no issues with it at all. Which is simply the best feeling. I love every single part of this book. It is simply the best.

I never tire of reading this book. Of reading more of this stunning world that Marie has created. It is so interesting to read about. I love reading about the different people and different customs. There are slaves. There are wars. There are balls. This book has everything. A little bit of romance. A lot of anger and betrayal. I love it to pieces. Yes, it is heartbreaking, yet it is so wonderful. I have hope it will all end up the way I want it to with Arin and Kestrel. Well, it better, lol. The romance will be epic. I just know it.

Although Arin wasn't touching her, he was touching no 
living part of her, it felt as if a fine net had been cast over Kestrel, 
one that hazed her vision and shimmered against her skin.

The characters in this book are so great to read about. I love Kestrel and Arin the most. They are such amazing main characters. And both point of views are perfection. Oh, so much love. I loved getting to know them both. Loved knowing why Kestrel didn't want to be soldier, like her dad wants her to. I love how she plays the piano so well. I love her relationship with her best friend, Jess. And her nurse too. And I just. I loved Kestrel the most. And Arin too. Ahh. Getting to know him was the best and the worst.

There is so much I love about The Winner's Curse. The writing is perfection. The characters are all amazing. Some of them are so bad. But most are interesting to read about. Mostly it is about Arin and Kestrel. Whom I love the most. There is a war coming. And it is so exciting to read about. But also so heartbreaking. Lots of love for this one, though. I know, not the longest review, but my mind is empty. I just love this book the most. And I'm so glad I read it a fourth time. You really must all read this book.


3 comments:

  1. Ok, I absolutely need to read this trilogy this year. I' ve heard nothing but good things about it and it seems fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so totally gonna be re-reading The Winner's Curse & The Winner's Crime to prepare for Winner's Kiss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels like so long ago that I read The Winner's Crime, so this review has been perfect for refreshing what happened earlier on. I hope you end up enjoying The Winner's Kiss too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)