Friday, February 26, 2016

Review: The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury

I liked this book so much, like I knew I would. Have wanted to read it for so long, and now I finally had the chance to read it. Eee. It was just as good as I knew it would be. Better, even. I liked it so much. This book was just amazing. The writing was gorgeous, loved it so much. And the story was the very best.

This is an Aladdin fantasy retelling, but it is so different from the Disney Aladdin I know. It is not the same. Which is such a good thing, eee. Some things were like it, which was awesome, but most is different and oh how I loved it. Story was amazing. It could not have been better. The characters are the very best.

Oh, I'm unsure about how to talk about this book. I just loved it so much. Sigh. It is the story of Zahra, whom is a four thousand years old jinni. She's the very best. So powerful, yet trapped in a magic lamp. She has been stuck there for five hundred years when Aladdin finds her. Shudders. Oh, I loved Zahra so much. She's strong and brave and kind and sweet and so loving. She can be brutal, which was awesome. I loved reading from her point of view. I loved her the most. Her whole life she has been in that lamp, forced to make wishes for masters of the lamp. It sucked, to be honest. I wanted her freedom as badly as she wanted it for herself. She deserved so much better. Sigh. I love how powerful she was; all the things she could do.

This is the story about Aladdin getting his three wishes from Zahra. And the story about them being together. And oh, it was so thrilling. I loved how they slowly got to know each other a bit more, and how they started to fall for each other. Because this is a love story too. It is beautiful. So complicated, as Aladdin is trying to get the princess to marry him, so he can have revenge for his family. Yet he does not love the princess. Oh. I loved how they fell in love with each other. Sniffs. A bit sad, though. But great.

This story is simply amazing. I loved everything about it. My favorite part was the romance, which was so sweet yet forbidden. But there are some really swoony kisses. Sigh. Loved it. Aladdin and Zahra are so cute together and I shipped them the most. I really enjoyed reading about the jinni. I loved learning more about them, and about Zahra. And learning about her past too. People know about her, what she did, but they don't know the full truth. I loved getting to know it all. Zahra is amazing. Loved her so.

I don't really know what to share about this book. Which is bothering me a bit. Hmph. I think it is because I loved it so much, and I can't find anything to say about it. It was such an easy read, and I was interested the whole time, which is why I stayed up past two to finish it. I simply could not stop reading. This book was exciting at all moments. I was never bored. The plot was so stunning and evil and I liked it a whole bunch. I cared so much for the characters, but especially for Zahra and Aladdin. So so good.

There are a bunch of other people in this book. Like the princess, whom I'm unsure how I felt about. I didn't like that Aladdin was set on marrying her, but it was never a love triangle. Not ever. Yes, there was one kiss between Aladdin and the princess, that she started, but zero feelings between them. And one kiss between Zahra and this awful person, where he kissed her, after she stole from him. Nothing more, and never any feelings for other people. Which was the best. This romance is the best, promise.

But anyway. The princess. I did like her. She seemed like a kind person. Well, until she learned who Zahra really was, as the people in this city did not like jinni at all, and Zahra did not tell anyone but Aladdin whom she was. But yeah. All secrets come out. Which was awful and heartbreaking. Shudders. It was so good to read about, though. There were other characters in this one too, most bad, but a few kind ones too. But, honestly, I cared most for Zahra and Aladdin. Though the others were interesting.

Okay. I can't really say more about this book. My mind is going blank. But oh gosh, I loved it so much. Zahra was the cutest person. I loved getting to know her. I loved that she was a jinni. I loved her relationship with Aladdin, whom I liked so much. He was a great person. The ending was good too, a little bit weird, but I loved it lots. The Forbidden Wish was such a thrilling book. I loved every moment of it. It was exciting and fun and romantic. I could not have loved it more than I did. It was so good.


3 comments:

  1. I am so glad this book is as good as you thought it would be. I love when that happens. Such a pretty cover too! Sounds like a great read. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaassss, I am so happy to see five stars! Truly I am ecstatic to see that you enjoyed the book! I thought those one or two things that we had being tweeting about were going to throw you off BUT I see that they did not. YAY. :D Fantastic review, Carina!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five stars, yay!! This one looks incredible and the romance sounds just perfect. I need to read this one soon. Ah, I know what you mean when you love a book so much and you don't know what to say about it! You just want to say It Was Amazing, and leave it at that LOL. Great review, Carina!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)