Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #221

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

A TYRANNY OF PETTICOATS BY JESSICA SPOTSWOOD + MORE

Goodreads Description:

From an impressive sisterhood of YA writers comes an edge-of-your-seat anthology of historical fiction and fantasy featuring a diverse array of daring heroines.

Criss-cross America — on dogsleds and ships, stagecoaches and trains — from pirate ships off the coast of the Carolinas to the peace, love, and protests of 1960s Chicago. Join fifteen of today’s most talented writers of young adult literature on a thrill ride through history with American girls charting their own course. They are monsters and mediums, bodyguards and barkeeps, screenwriters and schoolteachers, heiresses and hobos. They're making their own way in often-hostile lands, using every weapon in their arsenals, facing down murderers and marriage proposals. And they all have a story to tell.

With stories by:
J. Anderson Coats
Andrea Cremer
Y. S. Lee
Katherine Longshore
Marie Lu
Kekla Magoon
Marissa Meyer
Saundra Mitchell
Beth Revis
Caroline Richmond
Lindsay Smith
Jessica Spotswood
Robin Talley
Leslye Walton
Elizabeth Wein


Hardcover, 368 pages
Expected publication: March 8th 2016 by Candlewick Press
Pre-Order here and here

I think that this one will be awesome :D Because so many authors that I love are writing short stories in it. Sigh. I simply cannot wait to read them all. And that cover is so pretty. Yay. I think this one will be amazing. Crossing my fingers that I will love all the stories :D I'm most excited about Marissa Meyer. <3
What are you waiting for on this historical Wednesday?

7 comments:

  1. Great pick, hope you get a chance to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good! I used to be a little wary of short story collections, but then I read My True Love Gave To Me, and now I'm all for them. This one looks like it would be really good. I haven't seen it around either, so thanks for sharing! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a fun collection and there are some great authors involved!I don't read a lot of story collections but I may check this one out! I hope you love it, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With a list like that, this is bound to be good!

    My WoW @ LazyBookLovers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAS. I need it! So many good authors, such a good topic. Wonderful pick, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never been one for anthologies, but I hope you'll enjoy this one, C!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YESSS! I'm so excited to get my hands on this anthology!! Fantastic pick Carina sweetie! I hope we'll both love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)