"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
THE VANISHED SISTER (Lady Sherlock #9)
BY SHERRY THOMAS
Goodreads Description:
Charlotte Holmes—aka Sherlock Holmes—becomes
entangled in a puzzling missing person case that hits close to home for
her beloved Mrs. Watson in this Victorian-set mystery from the USA Today bestselling author of A Ruse of Shadows.
It’s
been three years since Charlotte Holmes struck a decisive blow against
Moriarty's operations in Britain, three years of relative calm and
benign developments. In a buoyant mood, everyone gathers at Lord
Ingram's seaside cottage in North Devon for what promises to be a
perfect summer holiday. Until Mrs. Watson receives an invitation from
Mrs. Carstairs, her long-estranged sister, to attend a house party
nearby.
Mrs. Carstairs has married spectacularly well. She is the
mistress of a great manor, a doyen of all domestic arts, and still an
unforgettable beauty. Now she clamors for a reconciliation with her
sister. Mrs. Watson does not trust Mrs. Carstairs's motives. Yet she
cannot help but feel tremors of the old admiration for this once-beloved
sister.
Then Mrs. Carstairs disappears without a trace. The next
day a woman is discovered floating on the waves, her build and coloring
matching those of Mrs. Carstairs. But her husband insists that the
corpse fished out of the Bristol Channel cannot be his wife. So where is
the real Mrs. Carstairs? Would she have purposely dragged Mrs. Watson
into a murder investigation? Or was it Sherlock Holmes's involvement
that she needed from the very beginning?
Format: 368 pages, Paperback
Expected Publication: September 29, 2026 by Berkley
Pre-Order: Blackwells and Amazon US and Amazon UK
Oh, how much I loved the first Lady Sherlock books, eee. <3 But ahh. I have not read past book five. So I am a little bit behind. I will have to start all over again soon, haha :D I so loved the romance. Sigh. And the mysteries. Eee. I just adore Sherry and her books. So yeah. Soon I will start at book one again and read them all. This newest one, book nine, sounds all kinds of awesome, as always. Sigh. I just need to find the time to read a bunch :) Which will hopefully be next year. Hmph. I am crossing my fingers. <3
What are you waiting for on this murderous Wednesday?

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)