Sunday, December 18, 2022

Review: The Phantom of Linkshire Manor by Marissa Meyer

As with every story by Marissa Meyer, this tale was exciting. Such a short story, but full of heart even so. I'm giving this one five stars. I only wish it had been much longer, as I so wanted to know more. But as a short story, it was all kinds of awesome. A little creepy, a little romance, a good mystery. Great writing too.

I shall not write much about this one, as it truly was very short. But I will say a little bit. I liked that it was a story set in the past, as I find those to be all kinds of interesting to read. I like those kinds of settings. It was so good in this story as well. Although this book was short, it was easy and fast to read. I loved that.

This story had many details, yet not too many. Which I also very much liked. I liked that it was quick to get to the point of all that happened. But I would have liked even more if this had been a full-sized book, haha, with even more details. As I liked these characters a whole bunch and would have loved to get to know them even more. This one is told from the point of view of Anna. She is a training to be a doctor, one of the first women to do so. And I loved that. She was awesome. And I loved that the male doctor she worked for did not seem to look down at her, but seemed to respect her. Of course, the servants in the manor she end up in did not seem as positive at first. How rude. I hope they got better. I did like getting to know those three as well, though.

This is a story about a mystery. Anna is trying to figure out why her patient, Mr. Rothwell, is so ill. It ends up looking like poison. But who would want to poison him, and why? I liked figuring it out. This manor had many mysteries, despite only having a handful of people inside it. There is the mystery of the death of the wife of Mr. Rothwell, seven years past. A suicide, they say. But was it really? I liked getting to know it all. A little ghostly and mysterious. Just wish it had been longer. But it was a great story and I enjoyed it lots.

The Phantom of Linkshire Manor was all kinds of incredible. Short and exciting. With a good mystery and a good ending too. I was lucky enough to get a copy of this ebook for free as a pre-order bonus for Gilded last year. But you can now buy it too, from the links below. It is a story worth reading and I'm so glad that I read it at last. Now just waiting for more books by Marissa to come out. If you still have not read anything by her, you are truly missing out. All her books have been incredible. The Cinder series is the very best.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)