Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #358

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

AS SHE ASCENDS (Fallen Isles #2) BY JODI MEADOWS

Goodreads Description:

MIRA, THE HOPEBEARER
Mira Minkoba is on the run with her friends after a fiery escape from the Pit, where she’d been imprisoned for defending the dragons she loves. And she wants answers. Where have all the dragons been taken? Why are powerful noorestones being shipped to the mainland? And did the treaty she’s been defending her whole life truly sell out the Fallen Isles to their enemies?

MIRA, THE DRAGONHEARTED
As her connection to the dragons—and their power—grows stronger, so does Mira’s fear that she might lose control and hurt someone she loves. But the only way to find the truth is to go home again, to Damina, to face the people who betrayed her and the parents she’s not sure she can trust.

Home, where she must rise above her fears. Or be consumed.

The second page-turning novel in Jodi Meadows’ Fallen Isles trilogy scorches with mysterious magic and riveting romance as one girl kindles a spark into a flame.


Hardcover, 560 pages
Expected publication: September 11th 2018 by Katherine Tegen Books
Pre-Order here and here

I'm so nervous yet excited about this book too. I adore Jodi very much. And I have enjoyed many of her books very much too. But ack, I did have a few issues with Before She Ignites. I did not see the romance. At all. And so I am nervous about this second book, haha :D But I am very hopeful too; hoping that it will manage to convince me that this romance should be. Fingers crossed. And, I mean, there will be more dragons in this sequel. Yessss. I am very happy about that, haha :D And so I am pretty excited about this book. The cover is so gorgeous, which I shared about here. <3 I cannot wait to own this book shortly :)
What are you waiting for on this ascending Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)