Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #333

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

CITY OF GHOSTS BY VICTORIA SCHWAB

Goodreads Description:

Cassidy Blake's parents are The Inspectres, a (somewhat inept) ghost-hunting team. But Cass herself can REALLY see ghosts. In fact, her best friend, Jacob, just happens to be one.

When The Inspectres head to ultra-haunted Edinburgh, Scotland, for their new TV show, Cass—and Jacob—come along. In Scotland, Cass is surrounded by ghosts, not all of them friendly. Then she meets Lara, a girl who can also see the dead. But Lara tells Cassidy that as an In-betweener, their job is to send ghosts permanently beyond the Veil. Cass isn't sure about her new mission, but she does know the sinister Red Raven haunting the city doesn't belong in her world. Cassidy's powers will draw her into an epic fight that stretches through the worlds of the living and the dead, in order to save herself.
 


Hardcover, 272 pages
Expected publication: August 28th 2018 by Scholastic Press
Pre-Order here and here

Oh, this book is going to be very good. I adore Victoria. And I love middle grade. And this book looks gooorgeous and sounds so amazing. Eeee :D I'm going to love it so much. <3 Oh, I cannot wait to read this precious thing. Wishing it was out right now. I mean, look at that cover. I'm dying. It's so so beautiful.
What are you waiting for on this ghostly Wednesday?

2 comments:

  1. She never stops writing! I bet she isn't human. :D Happy reading, Carina!

    Have a wonderful day. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to pick up one of Victoria's books, but I've bought two, so I just need to set aside the time to read them! The cover looks oh-so-spooky! I hope the story is nice and creepy. Great choice, Carina! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)