Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Review: The Thickety: The Whispering Trees by J. A. White

I'm so excited that I got to read this book early. Though it was also a bad thing, because now I must wait even longer for a third book. Hmph. But yeah. I do not regret reading this book already. Because I loved it a whole lot. Even with that kind of evil ending. But yess. I know book three will be epic. Though waiting for 2016 is torture.

This book starts right where book one ended. With Kara and Taff having entered the Thickety. Which I found to be all kinds of awesome. And it starts an very amazing adventure. There is just so much to love about this sequel. Though I do wish it had been even longer. Hmph. I did not want this book to end. And then. Evil ending :D

There is so much to love in this book. First there is the stunning writing. I found it to be all kinds of awesome. I loved reading about Kara. I loved reading from her point of view. Though the very short prologue is from the point of view of Safi. Whom I loved getting to know. Though I am all kinds of worried about what will happen next with her. Ack. She is the same age as Taff, so still so young. I do wish there had been more from her view, but that's okay. The prologue was awesome enough. And I love Kara too much to give her up, hih. Another thing I really love about these books are all the different creatures. Some are scary and awful but some are so cute. Loved reading everything.

I must be honest and say that I was sad to notice that there was no Lucas in this book. Sad face. But I can't be too upset about it. Because it made sense. And there wasn't room for him yet. But oh. He better be in book three. Cause I need him. Anyway. There are other characters in this book. And ack. I loved getting to know them all. Though there are so many betrayals. Which made my heart hurt. Yet I was also so surprised. Which I loved. One new character is Mary. Whom I would love to learn even more about.

I'm not going to talk about all the things that happen in this book. Because it is all so exiting and different and so so good. This book is an easy read, which makes me happy. Though, yeah, I wouldn't have minded if it had been even longer. Yet it was still long enough to be perfect. This sequel is not as sad as book one was. Because they aren't in the village anymore. No people to hurt Kara. Which made me both happy and sad. As I love depressing things. Yet this book was no less exciting than the first.

I just loved everything in The Thickety: The Whispering Trees. I adored reading about Kara. And her struggle with being a Witch. If she is good or evil. But then. There is one thing that breaks my heart. Hmph. Lost memories. I don't approve of that. And oh, I hope there is a way for her to get them back. I want that a whole lot. Yet it was also an awesome sort-of-twist. And it made sense. Still, sad to me. There is also another thing about lost things. Lost memories. Was so creepy! And so extremely perfect.

One of the things I loved the most about this book were the relationship between Kara and Taff. They are the cutest siblings. And I loved reading about them together. How much they both protect each other. Sniffs. Then there is their father. Whom isn't in this book, but still. I am so curious about it. I must know if there is a way to save him. There is just so much I must know. It isn't really a cliffhanger ending, but it is an ending that demands more. And I need more. Cannot wait for book three. <3

The Thickety: The Whispering Trees is such an amazing sequel. It is full of adventure and surprises. It is full of darkness. Yet full of love too, as it has the best sibling relationship. Kara and Taff are the best to read about. And I cannot wait to read more of their story. Though book three better include Lucas too, lol. As I need him and Kara together. <3 They would be so cute. Since there is already something there, hih. Anyway. You all need to read this book. Because it is perfect and I loved it so much. Go order it.

I want to say a huge thank you to the publisher, Katherine Tegen Books, for letting me read this gorgeous book as an eARC via Edelweiss. <3 While I do wish with all my heart that I had a print copy, I'm just so happy that I got to read it. And it is still a stunning book, even though I do think the artwork inside looks even more gorgeous in print. Which I will be seeing in my hardcover in March, when this awesome book comes out. I'm so glad I read it now, and did not wait, hih. As this book was amazing. Also, J. A. White is an awesome author. And so kind too. I cannot wait to read more books by him :)


4 comments:

  1. This book screams "fantasy!" Lol. To be honest, I don't know much about this series. But it is no wonder you loved it so much. This is just so "you"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara and her realistic struggles as a main character and being a witch sound great to read about

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is so pretty, Carina. Nice to hear that the insides match the outside. Bummer you have to wait so long for book 3. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2016?? Oh my goodness!! That's gonna be one LOOOOONG wait Carina! But I'm glad that this book also got your 5 stars and you loved it loads, even with the evil ending and all!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)