Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #43

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

BLACK CITY BY ELIZABETH RICHARDS

Goodreads Description:

A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war.

In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash’s long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught, they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong.

When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.


Hardcover, 373 pages
Expected publication: November 13th 2012 by G.P. Putnam's Sons BYR
Pre-Order here.

I must say that I adore this book cover. It is unique, and so perfect. Love the flower, and the colors. And the city in the background. Then, of course, I adore the summary! Gaaah. Cannot wait for this book. So excited for it all. :) Just hoping the romance will be good; and no triangle :p <3 I am super excited to get to know Ash. Hih. And I cannot wait to read about that world :D Sound awesome.
What are you waiting for?

Psst, did you see that I have a new giveaway up? :D One winner will win The Immortal Rules and The Hallowed Ones. <3 Also, International. Enter here: http://carinabooks.blogspot.no/2012/08/giveaway-of-immortal-rules-hallowed-ones.html

18 comments:

  1. This does sound amazing--and such a cool cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really lovely cover. If you hadn't said it was a flower, I would have never noticed. I always thought it was a rock shattering. Great summary as well, kind of reminds me of The Immortal Rules in a way.
    My WoW
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. God it feels like all the books I've been reading recently have had love triangles. I hope this doesn't have one too! I can't wait to read it. Amazing pick, Carina! :)

    By the way, I got The Hallowed Ones! I can't wait to start it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. <3 Yeah, I really really really hope there won't be a triangle :) Have read enough of those :\

      YAY! :D Hope you'll love it. <3

      Delete
  4. Great pick! I was lucky enough to read it, and I have to say it is amazing. I devoured it in a matter of hours.

    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic choice! I cannot wait to read this, either. The story sounds so... so good. And apparently there's no love triangle, which is a GIANT bonus. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing, Carina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick Carina! I'm really looking forward to this as well!

    My WoW

    -Brittani :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I can't wait for this one either. It sounds absolutely amazing and the cover is just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't heard of this one- but it does sound great. I am fascinated by the cover. So much to take in! Love the colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ~Jess @ Fairday’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen so many awesome reviews for this one and I can't wait to read it!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black City was on my WOW post a few weeks ago and I still can't wait for it to come out. I tried getting an early copy but no such luck for this book. Great pick.
    Come check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yeah, amazing pick! I heard so many great things about this one, I can't wait :D

    My WoW pick :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)