Thursday, August 9, 2012

Review: The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

I have so much emotions right now. I cannot decide how to feel. I kind of loved this new series more than The Iron Fey books. But, only almost, cause Ethan is not as perfect as Ash were. :) But don't get me wrong. Ethan is amazing. I loved him a whole lot. This whole book was perfect. More intense than The Iron Fey, and I loved that so much. A bit sad about the ending, but gah, this book is perfect.

I won't spoil this book for you. But. You need to know that this review will be spoilery if you have not read The Iron Knight. But you probably won't care if you haven't read any of the Iron Fey books. But, yeah, it will spoil you if you have not read The Iron Knight yet. :) But if you have read it, it won't be that spoilery, cause you kind of knew it would happen, so yeah. Will try my best to write a perfect review. :)

The cover of The Lost Prince is a bit more sexy than the Iron Fey covers ;p And I love that. Didn't imagine Ethan like that, though, but, yeah, the cover is awesome. :) What I love so much about this book, is the tagline, "Call of the Forgotten." Because it is freaking brilliant. And this is the most exciting and scary book. It is perfect. The writing is perfect, as well. If you read The Iron Knight, you already know what The Forgotten is. And omg. They are creepy and awful and so perfect.

I'm not sure how to begin this review. I want to talk about it all. And I'm not sure where to start. So I'll start with Ethan. I loved Ethan. If you remember from The Iron King, he is the little brother of Meghan. And I adored him then. Now, however, he is seventeen. And so awesome. He is perfect. But, yeah. He is angry and closed off from everyone. And I hated that. Felt for him so much. But I also understood it so well. It just made me love Ethan more. Also, liked his mom a bit.

Was a bit annoyed at the use of Them. Didn't like that word much. But, well, I also understood that. So I couldn't really hate it. :) Ethan does Kali, something like karate. But not the same. Lots of complicated stuff I will never learn :) lol. But I did like that he did so. Made him a stronger person ;p And I sort of liked his teacher; Guro. He seemed kind of nice. :)

This book starts off really awesome. I loved every part of this book. And the beginning is amazing. Not gonna say it all. But we get to meet some people, like Todd. And I did like Todd. He seemed a bit annoying at first, but I really did enjoy reading about him. Awesome character. Then there was Kenzie, the love interest. And I was a bit conflicted. Didn't like her much at first; found her to be a bit annoying. But, by the end, I kind of loved her. So I'm glad for that. :) I do want her with Ethan.

The plot and story in this book is so damn good. I have no idea how to describe it. It fits if well with The Iron Fey books. Because it kind of continues where they ended, in a way. Just some years later. And it is all so perfect. There is Grimalkin. Who I adore. And there is Ash. Who I love more than anything. But he isn't in this book much, but still. Love him so much. And there is Meghan. I like her. :) And there is a little Puck, as well. Still don't like him. lol :D But there are so many new characters.

Like Keirran. I must admit, I kind of hate his name :p Just cannot help it. But. I loved him. At least, at first. By the end I kind of hated him. And that sucked. But, I also know there must be a reason for it all. And I cannot wait to figure that out. Keirran really is a perfect person, to be honest. So much like Ash. I adored that. If you have read The Iron Knight, you know who he is. :) And it is perfect.

I don't know if I can talk more about the characters. It makes me hurt. Both because I love them, and because it is painful to remember it all. Just know, the characters in The Lost Prince is perfect. All of them is amazing. And broken. And gah. I cannot get over how perfect this book was. Anyway. Now I'm gonna talk a bit about the plot. Can't say that much, but I will say a few things :D

The plot is perfect. I loved everything about The Forgotten. They are Fey. An awful kind. The are all Forgotten Fey, the kind people have forgotten about. So they are all dying. But then. In this book, they have found a way to live. By killing other Fey and sucking up their Glamour. And I won't say more than that. Just know that it is awful and scary and thrilling. I loved it all. The plot is perfect.

I'm not sure what else to say. Ethan is paranoid because of the Fey. And it is heartbreaking. Because it is so sad, and I felt so bad for him. It gets better near the end, and I did like that. But it just got better because of a girl. Not sure I approve. But I didn't hate it, and that is a good thing. :) Anyway. The Lost Prince is a perfect book. It has action, romance, horror. It has everything. And I cannot wait to re-read it. So, yeah, This is a book that you must read. Just so you know. :) I loved it.

I adore the title for book two; The Traitor Son. But it is breaking my heart. Because I know what it means now. And it kills me. I cannot wait for this book. Need it right away. But I also don't want it, because I fear it will break me too much. Sigh. I adore Julie. She creates the perfect books. :)
Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin for the chance to read this book early. <3

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this! I'm putting it off for a big longer as it isn't out for a while yet, but you definitely have me excited! Ethan sounds like a great character. It's strange to think of him all grown up. :P I'm so pleased Grimalkin is in this book too! I love him. :D Great review, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, Carina! I can't wait to get started on this - I'll have to do a bit of a research on The Forgotten, 'cause I don't remember them that well, but... well, you got me excited to read this book *-*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky you've read it! I'm so excited now!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)