Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #353

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

TO BEST THE BOYS BY MARY WEBER

Goodreads Description:

Every year for the past fifty-four years, the residents of Pinsbury Port receive a mysterious letter inviting all eligible-aged boys to compete for an esteemed scholarship to the all-male Stemwick University. Every year, the poorer residents look to see that their names are on the list. The wealthier look to see how likely their sons are to survive. And Rhen Tellur opens it to see if she can derive which substances the ink and parchment are created from, using her father’s microscope.

In the province of Caldon, where women are trained in wifely duties and men are encouraged into collegiate education, sixteen-year-old Rhen Tellur wants nothing more than to become a scientist. As the poor of her seaside town fall prey to a deadly disease, she and her father work desperately to find a cure. But when her Mum succumbs to it as well? Rhen decides to take the future into her own hands—through the annual all-male scholarship competition.

With her cousin, Seleni, by her side, the girls don disguises and enter Mr. Holm’s labyrinth, to best the boys and claim the scholarship prize. Except not everyone’s ready for a girl who doesn’t know her place. And not everyone survives the maze.


Hardcover, 352 pages
Expected publication: March 5th 2019 by Thomas Nelson
Pre-Order here and here

Ohh, this book sounds awesome. I adore Mary, and I simply cannot wait to read this new book by her, eee :D To Best the Boys looks so incredibly gorgeous. And it sounds so amazing too. I am very excited about this book. And I am hoping so much that I will love it to pieces :D I think I will. Is it March yet? <3
What are you waiting for on this competitive Wednesday?

1 comment:

  1. This looks like yet another amazing tale by Mary Weber!! Love her books so much! Plus I don't know what it is but the deep green of this cover is so appealing to me! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)