Sunday, July 31, 2016

Review: The Ever Never Handbook by Soman Chainani

Eee, I am so happy about finally having been able to read this book. I simply love this world that Soman created so much. Sigh. And I'm so happy that I re-read the first three books first. Though they do always break my heart, lol. But so much love. Now I'm even more excited about book four next year. Eee. Need it badly.

Yes, this isn't really a full book at all. It is only a handbook, sort of meant for students at the school Soman created in his book. But that's okay. Because reading this handbook was all kinds of fun. I loved getting to know a bit more about what happened after book three, though I learned way too little about it all. Ack.

There is simply so much I love about this world. That I cannot even begin to talk about it all. But I shall share a little, because, gosh. I'm not sure how to write this review of mine, considering it wasn't really a book with a plot, lol. But I shall try my best. First things, though. If you have read all three The School for Good and Evil books, then you really need to read this one. It is full of amazing information about how the schools works now, after how book three ended. Which was so interesting to read about. And I simply loved reading every page. Eee. Not full of words, but still perfect. There is some really amazing artwork in this one, and I love it all so much. The covers for all the books are gorgeous. This one isn't as stunning, hah, but I still love it tons.

I'm just not sure what to share about this one. It was a fun read, but also pretty quick, and not all that much I can share about it. Hmm. But, just, there is so much amazing inside this book. Gorgeous artwork. Amazing quotes from the characters of book one. Some awesome letters from the best people. The very best invitation at the end of the book. Eee. That better be included in book four. And it better be glorious and romantic and, well, Sophie better not get to be there. Hmph. I don't want her there, sadly. Just, ugh.

Because, yeah. Agatha and Tedros are my favorite characters. Not much about them in this handbook, but a few things. And I still love them the most. Eee. And Hester and Anadil and Dot. Gosh, I wish to read about their quest so badly. I need book four. Hmph. And I do adore Hort too. He is pretty awesome. But ah. Sophie. I'm still so mad at this girl. Sad face. I doubt I can ever forgive her. Sigh. But even so, I do like reading about her. Because she is entertaining. Just not a girl for me. Not a girl for me to love. Or like, lol.

I'm not going to say much more about this one. I just can't. I wish I could say more, but there just isn't anything to share. It was so stunning. Five stars for sure. I loved getting to know some more details. I loved how the schools had changed after the ending of book three. I loved learning about what characters I adored had been up to in the months after book three. Mostly I just loved reading this one and looking at all the pictures. So much amazing. Sigh. I simply need more more more from this world and characters.

I'm so glad this book was made. Okay, yes, I wish book four had been out this summer instead of next summer, but I can wait. I'm just really happy with this book. Eee. I wish there had been so much more of Agatha and Tedros, though. Sniffs. But small peaks. And I loved that. Also, this book is all kinds of heavy. Gosh. Which I love even more. Heavy books are the best. And it is just gorgeous. Eee. You must all read this one. But yeah. After you read the trilogy. Because it do spoil pretty much the whole plot of the books.

The Evil attack. The Good defend.
The Evil punish. The Good forgive.
The Evil hurt. The Good help.
The Evil take. The Good give.
The Evil hate. The Good love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)