Friday, August 29, 2014

Mini Review: Once Upon a Time in the North by Philip Pullman

This short book is about Lee Scoresby. Whom I adored in the His Dark Materials books. And I'm so glad I got to read more about him. This is told from his point of view, when he was twenty four years old. And oh. I adored him so much. So glad that I read this book. Because Lee and Hester are both so cute to read about.

Once Upon a Time in the North tells the story of when Lee and Iorek first met. And I loved it. I loved it a whole lot. Sure, there is no Lyra. And no Will. Sniffs. But I love Philip's writing and I adored reading about Lee. And a young Iorek too. He is still my favorite bear. So I very, very much enjoyed reading this book.

I won't say too much about this. Just that it is kind of long, which was awesome, and we get to know a lot about Lee. And I just loved getting to know his hare, Hester, better as well. His dæmon is just adorable. And I love reading about them together. And sniffs. We get to know how he got his riffle too. It all just breaks my heart, because I know how it ends. It's all so sad.

Anyway. I'm not going to say much more about this. Just that it is a stunning short story. And I very much enjoyed reading it. It is full of adventure and murder and fun too. Yeah. It isn't the longest story, but it was long enough, and I loved getting to know Lee more. But sobs. Now I'm even more upset, because I don't have more to read about this world. I don't have more words about Lyra and Will or their friends. Which is breaking my heart. And I'm hoping The Book of Dust news will come very soon. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)