Saturday, May 2, 2015

Review: Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone

I had such high hopes for this book. Despite not really liking Contemporary books much, I wanted to read this book. Because it sounded so awesome. And I adore Tamara, though this is my first book by her. I'm so happy that to say that this book made me so pleased. I loved it a whole lot. I'm so thrilled that I did.

Yes, I don't really like this genre, but sometimes I do love books in it. And Every Last Word is one of those books. Because the writing is all kinds of gorgeous. I loved it so much. I found the characters to be oh so amazing to read about. And I loved the plot too. And gosh, the romance is so cute. I really liked this.

I wish to write about all the spoilers, lol, but I won't. Though I will say that I peeked at the ending, because I had to, I always do, so I knew the big twist before reading the book. For me, personally, I'm really glad I read the ending first. It made the rest much easier for me, yet still so heartbreaking. Though I do suggest that the rest of you do not peek. Do not peek at all. The ending is good. It's awesome. So there is no need for you to peek. Even though I wasn't surprised by the twist near the end of the book, I still thought it was oh so heartbreaking and amazing and so well written. I saw it coming, lol, since I had peeked, but I doubt anyone else will see it coming. And I loved that a whole lot. This book is just so cute and fun. I loved it.

This book tells the story of sixteen year old Sam. And oh, how I loved her. She has OCD. And she has a whole lot of thoughts. Some obsession with cute boys. An obsession with the number three. And I loved all those parts of her. She's special and awesome and I really liked reading about her. She's so cute. Though her friends. Those four she had known for years. I did not like them very much at all. They weren't very nice. Ugh. Though some of them grew better. Maybe. Still. Interesting to read about.

I just adored reading about Sam. About her awesome car, the music she listen to, how much she swims. I really loved the pool scenes. So awesome. I loved seeing how Sam tried making new friends. Caroline was such a sweet girl. But then she met some other friends too, in a secret room, where they all write poetry. And oh, how it was awesome to read about. I loved how Sam started writing too. And how much she loved it. Loved reading the poetry as well. The new people were amazing to read about. Liked them.

Then there is the boy. AJ. And oh my gosh, I loved him so much. He's so cute and fun and so adorable. Okay, he is pretty cold towards Sam at first, but I very much understood that. Her and her friends had been such bitches towards him when they were younger. They were so mean. And it hurt my heart so much. He didn't deserve it. Sniffs. But he learns to forgive her. And I loved seeing them slowly turn friends. Didn't like that he had an ex. But she isn't there. And it isn't made into a big deal. Loved that.

But oh, the romance. The romance in this book is so sweet. And I really liked it. It's amazing. I loved the first kiss so much. Swoon. It was so damn cute. Sigh. Sam and AJ are just the sweetest together. Most of the book isn't about the romance, but I'm kind of wishing it was, hih. Because it is so good. And I wanted to read more about them together at all times. Sigh. So much love. I wish there would be a sequel, so that I may have more romance, lol, but there doesn't need to be more. It was just perfect.

I'm not going to say much more. Or say much about the plot. But yeah. This is a book about Sam finding herself, dealing with her OCD, and finding first love. And friendships. It is a beautiful book. Some heartbreaking scenes. But I loved them. I loved reading about all the characters. But mostly I loved reading about Sam and AJ. They were just too damn cute. Sigh. So glad that I read this book. It was really fast to read, which I loved, but it also made me sad, because I wanted this book to never end.

Every Last Word is a powerful book. It is a book you should all read. The writing is gorgeous. The characters are different and oh so interesting to read about. The story is so heartbreaking and I loved every moment of it. This book is worth all the pain, and there isn't too much of it either. Sam is such a strong character. And I loved reading about her. The romance is the cutest, though not too much about it, and no drama, which was a very nice change. To say it again, Every Last Word was perfect. I loved it.

Huge thank you to the publisher, Disney-Hyperion, for accepting my request to read and review this book via Netgalley. <3 I should have started it some months ago, but I was worried I wouldn't love it. I should not have worried at all. Because this book was beautiful. And now I'm so happy that I read it. I'm just so heartbroken that I cannot pre-order it. Because The Book Depository have the price at $30, which is not right at all, and Amazon has too high shipping. Ugh. I'm hoping the price will go down after release date.


7 comments:

  1. My desire for this book just grew so so greatly. <3 I love that Sam's going to end up writing and that writing's going to be a bit important in this book (I say this as a former writer). I'm glad you found it powerful and that you liked it even though you don't care for Contemporary much. :) Great review.

    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm so glad to hear that you liked this one so much as to love it even if you are NOT a fan of contemporaries (even less than I am!) I might just have to check this one out, if you loved it!
    Great review sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so glad to know you were able to love this one in the end! I know I haven't read a book where the main character has OCD before, which already has me curious.

    Check out my recent blog post: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2015/05/bookish-identity-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a person who always looks at the ending (i've been getting better though) so thanks for the warning, I will not check it first, haha. I'm pretty good at guessing twists too, so I don't want to ruin it. So can't wait to read the romance, and the swoons that await! :) So glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I know you're not a huge contemporary girl, but I'm glad you gave this one a chance and loved it! Oh my gosh is AJ not the sweetest?! One of the best book boys this year, for sure. <3
    Lovely review, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you enjoyed this, Carina. I started reading it, and so far, it's got me worried. Hopefully, it gets better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for saying that it ends well, so I won't peak at it at all now. I can't wait to read this book about an OCD character and YAY for a sweet romance. You've gotten me exciteda bout this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)