"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
BRIGHT AND BROKEN THINGS BY RYAN GRAUDIN
Goodreads Description:
Set among the glittering parties and
Egyptology craze of the 1920s, young academic learns he might be the key
to an ancient Egyptian tomb coveted by a powerful cabal of magicians in
this enthralling adventure from the author of Enchanted Lies of Céleste Artois.
Ezra Bright has returned to London after serving in World War I but,
like many returned soldiers, he is haunted by his time on the front
lines and the loss of his adoptive brother. He attempts to put the
nightmares behind him and focus on his dissertation, but a chance
encounter with his sister, Biz, introduces him to the Bright Young
Things, a group of socialites famous for their elaborate costume parties
and treasure hunts spanning London. At one such party Ezra meets Celia,
a young socialite who introduces him to a world of magic and secret
societies.
Unbeknownst to many, a powerful cabal of magicians
known as the Order has been stealing magical artifacts in the hopes of
impressing its mysterious leader. The ultimate prize is said to bestow
immortality on its bearer and Celia suspects Ezra may be in possession
of the powerful, ancient magic key to locating it. When Biz mistakes a
note from Ezra’s mother for the start of another scavenger hunt, the
Order is alerted to Ezra’s presence forcing him, Celia, Biz and her
fiancé on a race across Cairo to find the treasure before the Order
does.
Format: 384 pages, Paperback
Expected Publication: September 22, 2026 by Redhook
Pre-Order: Blackwells and Amazon US and Amazon UK
I have been a fan of Ryan for many years now, and so I am still buying all her new books, though I am a little bit behind as well. <3 And ohh, I'm excited about this one :D I think it looks and sounds so awesome.
What are you waiting for on this bright Wednesday?

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)