Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Review: Orgo Runners: The First Run by R. J. Furness

Ever since I saw a plush of an orgo runner on twitter owned by a friend of mine, I knew I had to give this book a try. And try my best to get the gorgeous plush for myself. I was lucky enough to get a signed copy of this book and a stunning grey orgo plush from the author. Which I adore the most. I am glad that I decided to try this.

Though it ended up being a two star for me. Which was a little bit disappointing, but I'm still happy I read it. This book looks adorable and has such cute creatures. It was a fast read, which I was happy about. There are also some small illustrations in the book that was pretty cute too. This book was not really for me, but I did like it too.

I will not be writing too much about this book, because it was very short and so there wasn't a lot happening in it. But I will share my thoughts about it. It's a two star for me, because I had issues with the writing. It was a bit awkward and sadly not written very well at all. At least not for me. I'm sure there is a lot of people that would enjoy this book, but I was not one of those that would love it. I wish I had, but the writing was not good enough for me. I didn't manage to connect with the characters or with the story, even though it was short. But I also did not hate this story. I found it to be interesting, and I wanted to know what would happen after the end of the book. Unsure if I will continue with this series, though. But I might, if they are all as short and easy to read. As I'm curious.

What I did like about this book was the creatures and the world. I feel like if it had been written better and had been longer and more detailed I could have enjoyed it better too. Because I did like reading about the orgo in this one. They are the cute animals on the cover. They are super fast and they seemed adorable. Some things were a little silly, but still cute. The world also seemed pretty awesome and I wish there had been more about it. Would so have loved to learn more about everything, how it all came to be that way.

But I did not care for the characters. This short story is about Fayth and her friends Megg and Ink. They all ride the orgo and have their own races with each other. That is pretty much everything we get to know about these three young teenagers. Which was disappointing. I wanted to get to know all of them better. Because what little there was of each of them did not make me like them at all. Fayth seemed too rude. Ink seemed a bit too weird, without ever finding out why. And Megg was simply just there. I wanted more.

There are a few other characters in this book too, but they were there for such a short time that they are not worth mentioning. I did not care for how they were written, though, or how they spoke. It was a little awkward. But I was still curious about this world. And wanted to know more about the creatures. Simply wishing the book had been a bit more. Yet I'm still glad I decided to give it a try. It was an fast and easy read, and though I wish I had liked it more, I'm still happy with how I felt about it. It was not all that bad.

Since this book was so short I will not be sharing anything about the plot. Only that they are riding their orgos a lot, which was pretty awesome. Huge thank you to R. J. Furness for sending me a copy of this book along with the most gorgeous orgo plush. And even though this book was not for me, I think you should all give it a try. It was super fast to read, and I am so curious about the world and the animals. Would love to learn more about them. And so I might, one day, read more of the Orgo Runners books.


1 comment:

  1. The plush sounds very cute. I think I would like this book because it sounds great for the audience it was written for. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)