Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #124

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THE FALL BY BETHANY GRIFFIN

Goodreads Description:

Madeline Usher is doomed. 
She has spent her life fighting fate, and she thought she was succeeding. Until she woke up in a coffin.

Ushers die young. Ushers are cursed. Ushers can never leave their house, a house that haunts and is haunted, a house that almost seems to have a mind of its own. Madeline’s life—revealed through short bursts of memory—has hinged around her desperate plan to escape, to save herself and her brother. Her only chance lies in destroying the house.

In the end, can Madeline keep her own sanity and bring the house down? The Fall is a literary psychological thriller, reimagining Edgar Allan Poe’s classic The Fall of the House of Usher.


Hardcover, 400 pages
Expected publication: October 7th 2014 by Greenwillow Books
Pre-Order here.

I really like Bethany Griffin. And I like the sound of this new book of hers. So I think I will enjoy it; most likely :D Sounds creepy, and I love creepy. Cover is creepy; and I pretty much love that too. Just wishing October were here already. <3 I think The Fall will be a great book. Can't wait to read it :)
What are you waiting for? 

10 comments:

  1. I am so ridiculously excited for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm so excited for this one! While I didn't completely love Dance of the Red Death, I did love Masque of the Red Death and Bethany Griffin really can nail the Poe vibe. Great pick! :)

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one but sounds good. hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This could be something I would get in to. I very much enjoy the work of Edgar Allan Poe and would most definitely find something like this to be intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creepy, and quite ambitious, if I may add. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, another book by Griffin based on Poe's work! I love The Fall of the House of Usher - and I'm from Baltimore, so naturally I must love Poe ;) No but in all seriousness, I do enjoy Poe's work. And the cover of this book goes right along with the content! Love love love. Hope you and I both read and enjoy this one, Carina!! :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek that cover! O_O SO CREEPY. But I have always liked The Fall of the House of Usher, so I'm curious about a retelling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so, so excited for this book, I can't even tell you! I liked MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH and how she handled that adaptation, so this sounds like a no brainer. Plus that cover! So shivery and wonderful.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't heard of this one before - sounds kinda creepy lol, I don't think I'd read it. But I hope you'll enjoy it!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book sounds so fabulously eerie!! So excited for it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)