This picture book was all kinds of adorable. It was full of gorgeous color illustrations that I so really loved. Cute pets are very much for me. I am giving it four stars, as I didn't fully love this one, as I wish there had been a little more, but oh, I really adored it even so. Written well too.
This short picture book tells the story of best friends Yvette and Evan. They live in a town where everyone owns a pet. But they do not. And they are not sure which ones to choose. They do not want to pick the wrong one. And then an adoption day for cats and dogs come.
But so does a store, named Better Pets. They visit that one. I so enjoyed the illustrations in this book. The pets were all looking so pretty and weird. This book was full of details. Which I loved looking at. The pets in this store were all different from regular pets. They could all do some magical things. Which was fun to read about and look at. I think that younger children will adore this picture book. There were also rhymes pretty much on all pages, which was cute. Yvette and Evan look at all these better pets, but they are unsure what to get.
This picture book is written by Leigh Bardugo, whom I must always read everything from. It is illustrated by Liz Climo, and she did such a wonderful job. The art was truly gorgeous. I loved the colors and all of the pets. Cats are my favorites, always. There is a white cat somewhere too, like mine, which I loved the most, haha. Better Pets was a short and cute picture book. Easy and fast to read. I only wish it had been longer, as I always do. Maybe a little more focus on the friendship too. But the rest of it was so adorable.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)