Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #113

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

FLIGHTS AND CHIMES AND MYSTERIOUS TIMES
BY EMMA TREVAYNE


Goodreads Description:

Ten-year-old Jack Foster has stepped through a doorway and into quite a different London.

Londinium is a smoky, dark, and dangerous place, home to mischievous metal fairies and fearsome clockwork dragons that breathe scalding steam. The people wear goggles to protect their eyes, brass grill insets in their nostrils to filter air, or mechanical limbs to replace missing ones.

Over it all rules the Lady, and the Lady has demanded a new son—a perfect flesh-and-blood child. She has chosen Jack.

Jack’s wonder at the magic and steam-powered marvels in Londinium lasts until he learns he is the pawn in a very dangerous game. The consequences are deadly, and his only hope of escape, of returning home, lies with a legendary clockwork bird.

The Gearwing grants wishes. Or it did, before it was broken. Before it was killed.

But some things don’t stay dead forever.


Hardcover, 320 pages
Expected publication: May 13th 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Pre-Order here.

I just adore this cover. It's gorgeous. And the book is middle grade. And the summary is awesome. And I just think that I will really love this book and I cannot wait to read it. <3 Just wish Edelweiss would stop declining me. Sigh. But, fingers crossed that I will love the book when it comes out in May. <3
What are you waiting for?  

8 comments:

  1. I love the title and the cover! Great pick Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I've never heard of this one, Carina! I hope you love it though. Good luck with Edelweiss! :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow love the cover. this sound like a perfect book for me:-) thanks for sharing this with me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of this one but sounds good, and hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this book sounds like so much fun Carina! I love how much the author has decided to bring to this story. And I agree the cover is gorgeous! Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would buy this book JUST for the cover and title!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only read a handful of MG book, I really do need to read more. This sounds like a good one. ^^

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)