Thursday, January 5, 2012

Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Oh my god. I loved this book. I am not sure what other way to put it; it is just so so amazing. And a must read. A must. The story is so easy to fall in love with, kind of like Cinderella, only better (A) And much more.. creepy.

I loved Cinder. Wasn't sure at first, with her not being entirely human, but I loved her even still. She was amazing. Strong, which she had to be, living with those horrible people. But she was also kind, and loving. And funny. A perfect leading character :)

Prince Kai I fell in love with right away. I loved that we got a few chapters from his POV, although I do wish there had been more. Loved everything about him. Although I was kind of mad at him near the end. A little bit. But he is so kind, and caring, and good looking ;D

I also really loved Iko and Peony. But sigh. Sad and mad about what happened to them.. But they are amazing characters :D I wasn't sure at first if I liked the doctor, but near the end I decided that I did. He wasn't so bad. But oh, I hated Adri and Pearl. Such evil people. Which you will see for yourself when you read it ;)

I loved the world it was set in. Fell in love with it easily and quite fast. Don't want to say too much, because that would be spoilery. I just really loved everything about the place, and I loved (almost) everything that happened. I hated the.. uhm, evil Queen. Which I won't talk about, because of spoilers. But yeah, she is evil. So evil.

The plot is amazing. And I can not wait to figure out what will happen next. It ended on kind of a huge cliffhanger, which I hate, but it did leave me wanting for more ;) Just sad it is still a whole year until the next one :p I hate waiting.

Only downside: Wish it was longer. Also wished there were more romance :D There was some, and lots of cute flirting, but oh, I wish wish wish there would have been more. There must be more in the next book. Right? Oh please, let there be :) This book had no triangle, and there better not be one later on :p Hih.

Anyway, this book is a must read, and you better buy it! :)
<3 you won't regret it.

Goodreads - Buy it

Update: Newer and better review of the book can be found here.

8 comments:

  1. It's like everyone loves this book! :D And that's actually why I ordered a copy of this yesterday even though I never really wanted to read it when I first saw it. :D Excited to start it though. Hope it'll arrive soon. :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm currently reading CINDER and enjoying it. Good to know it continues to be enjoyable. Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thank you both for reading my review and commenting :D Means so much to me. <3 This book is so amazing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear you loved this one considering I LOVED it too! The ending was soooooooooo sad and I can't wait for the sequel! And I wish there were more romance too lol! Great review :)

    Happy Holidays!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Cinder! Glad to hear that you did, too! You're right about the side characters--they were just as lovable as the protagonist! (Peony... sob!)
    Thanks for the review, Carina! :)
    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Glad you liked this one. I read this while it was still on NetGalley. I found it pretty enjoyable though it did have a few small issues at first. I'm looking forward to the next book now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book is everywhere this week! I was abit hesitant to try the whol sci-fi steampunk, but everyone seems to love this book, so I shall give it a try :) Thanks for sharing your review!

    Diana
    ps. love the book header thingy :)haha! cuttee <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hah, thank you Diana :D <3 And thank you all for commenting on my review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)