Tuesday, January 9, 2018

DNF Review: The Final Six by Alexandra Monir

It has been a long time since I decided to not finish a book that I started. But today I had to. I simply could not read more of this book. I read four chapters, and made it to page 42 of 233 of my eARC of this book. I will not be writing a long note, but I had to write a little. Must share the reasons for why I am not reading it.

Sadly, I knew from the first page that this writing wasn't for me. I don't know how to describe it, not really. There are a lot of writing types that I just can't stand. And this was one of those. This book also begins with the main boy trying to kill himself. By drowning. Yeah. It was really not a good first impression for me at all. Ugh.

As I did not read too much of this book, I cannot say that much about it. But I simply could not make myself read more. As I did not like the writing. And in these first four chapters, I did not care for the two main characters at all. They were boring. Boy lost his whole family, now he wants to kill himself. Except that he hears a boat, and swims up, ending his suicide attempt. Then he learns that he is one of the twenty four chosen to hopefully go to space. And now he is thrilled at living. Yeah. Not a story for me at all. Did not care for this boy. And sadly the girl seemed so boring too, and I have nothing to say about her, not really. Her two chapters just bored me so, so much. I wanted to read this book, because I love books about space. And this book looked gorgeous.

But oh, I have learned from peeking, that this book will not take place in space at all. All of it is on earth. And then space in book two. Yeah. I don't have that kind of patience, sadly. And have also heard that the romance will be huge too. And just. I don't see it. At all. I mean, I read really little of this book, but simply cannot imagine reading more of it at this time. Might try it again, one day, but not now. Huge thank you to HarperTeen at Edelweiss for the auto-approval. I'm so sorry I had to DNF this book. But it was not for me.

DNF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)