Thursday, June 22, 2017

Book Recommendation: This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab


So thrilled to have finally read this book again. It's already been a year and a half since I first read this precious thing. Been wanting to re-read it for ages, and now that the second and final book is out, I finally could. And oh, I'm so happy to say that I loved this book so so much, once again. It is such a stunning story. With amazing writing and an exciting world. I love these characters beyond words. I'm not sure I'm ready for their story to end in Our Dark Duet. Ahh. Not sure my heart can take it. But I will survive. Maybe.

I'm not sure what to say about this book this second time. My mind feels empty, after finishing it again. I just loved it so much. And I'm so glad I finally got the chance to read it again. This book is worth reading. If you still haven't gotten to it, get moving. Because you need to get to know August and Kate. Eee. They are such amazing characters and I love them so much. Sniffs. This book is full of monsters. The awful kind, and the human kind too. Gosh, how I loved reading about them all. So exciting, horrible and perfect.

This book tells the story about August and Kate. They both have a point of view, which I loved so much. My favorite is August, because of how broken and sad yet fierce he is. He's a monster, yet he's trying so hard to be human and kind. But oh, Kate is amazing too. I love her so much. She's a bit broken too, but a lot tougher that August, to be honest. So fierce, so sweet too, at times. Oh, how I loved getting to know them both again. Ahh. I simply wish there is even more to know about in the next book. Fingers crossed.

There is so much I love about this one. Getting to know August and Kate was the best part. Because they are such well written characters and they are amazing to read about. I loved how they met, and how they started spending a bit of time together. They are friends in this book, and sadly no romance at all, but I'm okay with that, because I think it might happen. Maybe. But even so, their friendship is so precious to me. They haven't known each other long, but I love how they act around each other. It's sweet and awesome.

There are monsters in this book. Many different kinds. I loved reading about them all so much. Monster books are the best. And these monsters are awful. It was heartbreaking yet fun to read about. There is a lot of death too, which was pretty sad, yet so interesting too. And especially getting to know what kind of monster that August is. And what he can do. And how he does it. And how amazing he is with his violin. Oh, how I love this broken boy. He's gentle and sweet and I love him to pieces. There is also a cute cat.

So much that I could say about this book. But I'm not going to. Not this time. Just that you have to read it. Because August and Kate are such amazing characters. And this world is freaking amazing. So awful, yet so perfect. The ending is a bit horrifying. And I loved every moment of it. Ahh. And oh, August's family. I loved Ilsa so much. I hated Leo so much. And I adored his parents. I hope they are all awesome in book two as well. Eee. I cannot wait. Oh, how much I loved this book, once again. It's so good. And gorgeous.

CORSAI, CORSAI,
TOOTH AND CLAW.

SHADOW AND BONE 
WILL EAT YOU RAW.

MALCHAI, MALCHAI,
SHARP AND SLY,

SMILE AND BITE
AND DRINK YOU DRY.

SUNAI, SUNAI,
EYES LIKE COAL,

SING YOU A SONG
AND STEAL YOUR SOUL.

MONSTERS, MONSTERS,
BIG AND SMALL,

THEY'RE GONNA COME
AND EAT YOU ALL.


3 comments:

  1. Yes! I love dual narrative! Still have yet to read this series (or any Victoria Schwab - I can already imagine a collective gasp emerge behind me). Will need to fix that very soon! I just have so many other series I still need to finish.... like the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. >_> Thanks for the review! <3

    Cass @ Words on Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it yet. But I bought it on Audible and have the book on my Bookshelf. So can't wait to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you loved this book so much. One of my friends has this book and wanted to know if she should start it. Sounds like she definitely should! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)