Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #271

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

CARRY ON BY RAINBOW ROWELL

Goodreads Description:

Simon Snow is the worst chosen one who's ever been chosen

That's what his roommate, Baz, says. And Baz might be evil and a vampire and a complete git, but he's probably right.

Half the time Simon can't even make his wand work, and the other half, he sets something on fire. His mentor's avoiding him, his girlfriend broke up with him, and there's a magic-eating monster running around wearing Simon's face. Baz would be having a field day with all this, if he were here - it's their last year at Watford School of Magicks, and Simon's infuriating nemesis didn't even bother to show up.

Carry On is a love letter to love stories and the power of words - to every 'chosen one' who ever had more on their mind than saving the world...


Paperback
Expected publication: May 9th 2017 by St. Martin's Griffin  
(first published October 6th 2015)
Pre-Order here and here

I know, I know :D I have already read this precious, last year, eee. <3 Buuut. There is a new paperback cover coming in May. And I am DYING to own it. And so that counts for this post :) Because daaamn. That cover is gorgeous. Sigh. So pretty. I love it :D I cannot wait to own two copies of this one. <3 Eee. I'm unsure why I still haven't re-read this book yet. Only read it once, over a year ago. And I simply loved it beyond words. Yet I never have time lately. Sigh. But I will re-read soon :D Just, oh. How I adore Simon and Baz. They are amazing. I just really, really want a sequel. <3 Fingers crossed. Have you read it yet?
What are you waiting for on this magic Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. The new cover is so fun!! I did mean to go back and finish this...I started it and then had to put it aside for something I had to finish by a deadline. What I read of it was really great, though! This will make a great addition to your collection, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new cover! I really want it as well, I have the book on Kindle, but I'm so tempted to buy physical copies of the original cover and the new cover as well... Not sure I can justify it though as I have already read this book multiple times on my Kindle! (I do have about three copies of Fangirl though...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I saw the new cover for this book! I like the design of the old one because it somewhat matches Rowell's other books' covers, but I also love the cover of this book because it is incredibly unique. I hope Rowell writes a sequel!

    Have a great week, Carina. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not into her books, but man is that cover beautiful. *_* I'm tempted to buy it for the cover alone, haha.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)