Friday, December 9, 2016

Review: The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda

This book was all kinds of amazing. I knew it would be, because it is written by Megan, lol. I have read almost all her books, and I enjoyed them all so much. I don't usually read adult books, but with Megan I have. I'm so glad that I read this one. Been excited about it ever since I read All the Missing Girls earlier this year.

I have so many thoughts about this book. Yet I'm not sure I will be able to write it all, because there are a lot of spoilery things happening in this one. But gosh, what an amazing book. Giving it four stars, because I found the beginning a bit slow, but besides that, I loved this book. It was exciting and a bit creepy. So good.

I adored the writing in this one. I have always loved the writing of Megan. She's awesome. But yeah. This book was written really well. And I enjoyed reading it so much. I even stayed up until after 3am to finish it. I simply could not stop. This book is full of suspense. Which I loved lots. I do not read a lot of adult books. Because I don't find the plot interesting and I sort of have issues with reading about older characters, haha. But I had no issues with this book at all. The girl is thirty years old. She seemed amazing. And I loved reading about her so much. She truly isn't that much older than me; I'm twenty three. Just, yeah. I really loved reading about her and getting to know her. Most of the book is inside her head at all times. Leah was simply awesome.

As I said, the beginning of this book is a bit slow, with not much happening, but that did not mean I did not enjoy every page of it. Because I did. I loved getting to slowly know Leah, and know about her past too. Which was awesome and pretty sad too. I found Leah to be such an amazing person and I simply adored her. She just had to start her life over, after she printed an article in her town that went bad. And so she had to quit her job, and then she left. She moved far away, to live with a girl she knew eight years ago.

This book is about Leah living in this new town, working as a teacher for high school students. I actually enjoyed reading about her job, lol. I usually despise school settings. But this was pretty good, probably because she was just a teacher. Though her school was a bit creepy, with all the stalkerish people there. The plot in The Perfect Stranger is that a girl was just found beaten up, almost dead. At the same time Leah's roommate goes missing. This book is about that. Finding Emmy. Also learning things about her.

And it was all kinds of interesting. Leah adores Emmy. And I loved that a lot. She cared for her a bunch. Despite only having known her for three months, which was eight years ago, before they met again about half a year ago. They are great friends, though. And I enjoyed reading about their life together in this new place. But yeah. Emmy goes missing. And Leah doesn't really notice until she has been gone for days, as they don't spend much time together, because of work and such. But then she does notice. Looks for her.

And Leah would do anything to find Emmy. She contacts the police about it, and they start searching for her. But gosh. There are so many plot twists in this book. Emmy has a lot of secrets. And Leah does too. And I loved learning them all. A few things I saw coming, but most were surprises, and I loved that a lot. This book was all kinds of exciting. And I enjoyed reading every page of it. I just wish it had been even longer, lol. The ending of this book was so exciting and I could simply not stop reading. Which is the best.

I feel like I should mention that there is some romance in this book. Eee. Emmy meets a bunch of police officers in this book. One of them is Kyle. Who seemed pretty amazing. I liked how they were attracted to each other. I liked how it turned into something more. There isn't much focus on the romance in this book, which made me a bit sad, and there were no steamy scenes at all, but I'm mostly okay about that, haha. Because the book was amazing without that. And the romance was good. Really good. For the most part.

I'm not sure what else to say about this book. I don't want to give the plot away. Because it was amazing to read about. And it was awesome to figure it all out. This book is a mystery. And I adored it. I have just run out of words about this book. The Perfect Stranger was everything I wanted it to be. Full of suspense and mystery. The story was so incredible and so interesting. I adored Leah and Kyle. I think you should all read this book. Right away. Thank you to the publisher for approving my Netgalley request to read it :)


2 comments:

  1. School setting! How refreshing. I'm so going to get this book based on this point alone! I've read her Fracture series and I like her writing style. Hope I'll like this as well. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read a few books by this author - Soulprint specifically - and those were pretty good. This is adult fiction, yes? It's sounds very intriguing. I especially wouldn't mind knowing more about the romance. I'm so glad you enjoyed this book, Carina!

    Wonderful review. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)