Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #24

 
Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2015




1. Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman.
I can't begin to say how much I adored this book. It is oh so special to me. The writing is perfection. And it is told in such a special and different way. I adored every page. I loved Kady and Ezra so much. I can't wait to re-read it.







2. The Immortal Heights by Sherry Thomas.
I adored all three books in this trilogy oh so much. But this third one was my favorite, I think. It was so stunning. And heartbreaking. I adore the romance between Titus and Iolanthe. It's the sweetest. This final book was perfection.







3. Fairest by Marissa Meyer.
This book cannot not be mentioned on my best books read. Because it is stunning. I loved getting to know Levana more, though I ended up loving her. Ugh. It is not going to end well. These books by Marissa are the very best.






 
4. A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab.
I was surprised by how much I loved this book. I couldn't have loved it any more. It was so perfect. Full of magic. And such stunning characters to read about. I adored the writing. And I loved the world. I can't wait to read more.






5. The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski.
Yes, this book broke my heart, but I also loved it to pieces. Kestrel and Arin are amazing. I just want them to be together. Sobs. But yeah, this book is amazing. I love this world so much. That ending is the very best. Loved it.







6. Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson.
This book was so special. And I am beyond thrilled that I loved it so much. The writing is beautiful. The plot is amazing to read about. I just adored the whole journey. And I loved the main character, Lee, so much. She's amazing.





7. Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman.
I adored this sequel and final book. Waited so long for it, and to me the wait was well worth it. The story is so epic and amazing to read about. I adored Phina so much and I loved getting to know her more. This book was amazing.







8. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows.
This precious had to be included. Because I loved this book a whole lot. Wil is the best character to read about. She's fierce. And I adored the romance so much. Sigh. And the plot. So good. That ending was evil. And the best one.







9. The Uninvited by Cat Winters.
I loved this one oh so much. I adore Cat. And her books are amazing. This was my favorite of hers. The plot is stunning. The characters are amazing. The twist surprised me oh so much. The romance is perfection. Loved it so.






10. All the Rage by Courtney Summers.
This is one of the best books I have read. It is heartbreaking. And it made me so angry. But it was also so beautiful and real and honest and I adored it. The writing is so so beautiful. The characters are all amazing to read about.






I haven't done a Top Ten Tuesday in forever. Almost two years now since the last time. But today I really felt like doing it, so will see if I do it more times too :) Really wanted to share the top ten books I have read so far this year. But, well, I have only gotten to read 50 books so far this year. Which is just so depressing. But I haven't been in the mood to read, as my health has been awful this year. But I have read some amazing books, so sharing a bit about them :D I'm not counting re-reads. Best of those were the His Dark Materials trilogy. <3 Plus many more. Loved all of these. What is on your list this week? <3

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme held by The Broke and the Bookish :)

16 comments:

  1. OMG I need to read The Winner's Curse ASAP! I absolutely loved the first book. :) Definitely need to read one of Courtney Summers' books too someday.. heard great things about her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I need to read The Uninvited (I still haven't) I am sort of savoring it...weird I know. So happy Immortal Heights made your list. I can't wait to have a copy to read. And Walk the Earth a Stranger. Love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah, A Darker Shade of Magic, I loved this book too. Nice TTT list! Brenda @ Log Cabin Library

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to read Illuminae! You're so lucky! I haven't read most (okay, all) of these books on your list (except for ADSoM). I hope I'll enjoy them too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read Illuminae! I was lucky enough to trade for it and will get it soon! Yay for The Orphan Queen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously can't wait ti read Illuminae even tho I didn't read the starbound series. And Fairest is on my top ten also as you said it was great getting to know Levana more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am ridiculously jealous that you've already read The Immortal Heights! That was a series that I picked up on a whim this spring and fell head over heels for. I am very much looking forward to its October release!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed Winner's Crime as well and can't wait for a chance to read Orphan Queen. Great picks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fairest has to be one of my top reads of this year so far as well! I think that a lot of these are on my TBR which I do hope to get to at some point - especially All The Rage.

    Check out my movie review: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2015/06/city-of-bones-movie-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. You ended up LOVING Levana?! The opposite ended up happening to me. I ended up hating her so much more. But that book is on my list too because it's so beautiful and even though I hated her at the end, I loved getting to know her backstory.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Orphan Queen and The Winner's Crime were so heartbreaking and had such painful endings! Fairest was amazing! I can't wait to read Illuminae! Everyone seems to love it!

    My TTT

    Lizzie @ Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy you decided to do TTT this week! I was wanting to know what your favorites were so far this year. :)
    Love that you included Immortal Heights. And The Orphan Queen, The Winner's Crime, Illuminae, and Walk on Earth a Stranger are all books I plan to read soon!
    Lovely list, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I'm so excited to see so many of these on your list! I haven't read a bunch, but they're on my list, and I'm DYING to. :) I hope the rest of the year is filled with so many great books as the first half!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Winner's Crime and Shadow Scale were both on my list too. I'm so excited for Illuminae, it sounds incredible from the synopsis!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read any of these yet, but most of them are on my TBR mountain chain. I'm especially interested in ALL THE RAGE and ILLUMINAE.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I havent read any of the books on your list but most of them are on my TBR. I cannot wait for Illuminae, I have heard such great things so I am anxiously awaiting. And I definitely must buy A Darker shade of magic. Great list and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)