Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #188

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

VELVET UNDERCOVER BY TERI BROWN

Goodreads Description:

Samantha Donaldson’s family has always done its duty for the British Crown. In the midst of World War I, seventeen-year-old Sam follows in their footsteps, serving her country from the homefront as a Girl Guide and messenger for the intelligence organization MI5. After her father disappears on a diplomatic mission, she continues their studies of languages, high-level mathematics, and complex puzzles and codes, hoping to make him proud.

When Sam is asked to join the famed women’s spy group La Dame Blanche she’s torn—this could be the adventure she’s dreamed of, but how can she abandon her mother, who has already lost a husband to the war? But when her handlers reveal shocking news, Sam realizes there’s no way she can refuse the exciting and dangerous opportunity.

Her acceptance leads her straight into the heart of enemy territory on a mission to extract the most valuable British spy embedded in Germany, known to the members of LDB only as Velvet. Deep undercover within the court of Kaiser Wilhelm II, Samantha must navigate the labyrinthine palace and its many glamorous—and secretive—residents to complete her assignment. To make matters worse she finds herself forming a forbidden attraction to the enemy-a dangerously handsome German guard. In a place where personal politics are treacherously entangled in wartime policy, can Samantha discover the truth and find Velvet before it’s too late…for them both?

From author Teri Brown comes the thrilling story of one girl’s journey into a deadly world of spycraft and betrayal—with unforgettable consequences.


Hardcover, 336 pages
Expected publication: October 20th 2015 by Balzer + Bray
Pre-Order here and here.

I adore Teri Brown. And I love reading books from this time period. And ugh. This cover is gorgeous. And oh, this summary. I am dying for October. Because Velvet Undercover sounds all kinds of amazing. And I'm oh so excited to read it :D And forbidden romance? Yes please. I very much hope that this romance is going to be amazing. Because it sounds like it could be epic. And I want that so much. Fingers crossed. Either way, though, I think I'll love this book. Because it seems all kinds of perfect.
What are you waiting for on this historical Wednesday? 

12 comments:

  1. I love this time period too! Can’t wait to read this one either :D Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely on my wishlist, too! I loved her first two books and I can't for more! :) Especially in this time period and involving spies, puzzles, and codes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds soooo good, Carina! And wow, that cover is gorgeous. I really hope we both love this - sounds like the romance is gonna be good, too. :)
    Thank you for sharing! Lovely choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the cover is gorgeous and I hadn't heard about this book before, so thank you for putting it on my radar, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this cover and this sounds so excellent. Thank you for putting it on my radar, Carina! I love spy/thriller/girl power books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick, and new to me but hope you get a chance to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally just added this to my TBR list, this one sounds great!
    I chose Off the Page by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer.
    Check out My WoW!

    Joana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've read a book by Brown before, but it when it comes to book recommendations I know you never steer me wrong Carina, so thanks for putting this book on my radar, I have to agree it sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I've heard of this one. And I love Teri Brown too! Hope you'll love this one, and thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not the biggest fan of Brown's books! I hope you enjoy this one when you read it.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like I heard about this somewhere else recently. Sounds interesting! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the cover of this novel, it does sound fantastic. I hope you enjoy it once you get your hands on it :) <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)